2015 CONEX Incoming Fellowship Programme for International Applicants, Spain , applications are submitted till February 17, 2015. The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is offering research fellowships for incoming mobility, called CONEX – CONnecting EXcellence to UC3M. The CONEX programme offers 2 fellowships to very experienced professor and 10 fellowships to experienced professor. All fellowships have a minimum duration of 36 months. Applicants must have the degree and research experience appropriate to the CONEX scheme they apply to. Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline of the call. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Spain
Level: Fellowships are available for conducting research.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in three areas of the CONEX programme: Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Physics, Social Sciences and Law and Humanities, Library Science and Communication.
Deadline: February 17, 2015.
Funded By: The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), co-funded by the European Commission through the Marie Curie-COFUND programme (PCOFUNG-GA-2012-600371), Banco Santander, the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (COFUND2014-51509) and other funds.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 CONEX Incoming Fellowship Programme is targeted for applicants of any nationality
‣ Award No: For this second and last call the CONEX programme offers 2 fellowships to very experienced professor and 10 fellowships to experienced professor.
‣ Scholarship Duration: All fellowships have a minimum duration of 36 months. Successful applicants will be offered an employment contract within 30 days after the evaluation process. They must start their fellowship before the 15th September 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: Incoming researchers will benefit from a world-class university. UC3M offers a theoretical, practical, applied and innovative research environment, which will ensure that researchers can achieve their full potential. All fellowships will receive a competitive salary and other economic benefits such us mobility allowance and contribution to research expenses.
‣ The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is launching a 2015 CONEX Incoming Fellowship Programme for incoming mobility, called CONEX – CONnecting EXcellence to UC3M.
‣ CONEX is co-funded by the European Commission through the Marie Curie-COFUND programme (PCOFUNG-GA-2012-600371), Banco Santander, the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (COFUND2014-51509) and other funds.
‣ This fellowship programme offers experienced and very experienced professors of any nationality a unique opportunity to progress in their career development through an excellent training.
‣ CONEX will run for five years (2013-2018) and will employ 20 professors with more than 4 years of experience and 8 professors with more than 10 years of experience to carry out a break-through research project for three years in any of the UC3M’s scientific fields.
‣ For this second and last call, the CONEX programme offers:
‣ Applicants must have the degree and research experience appropriate to the CONEX scheme they apply to.
‣ Applicants may be of any nationality.
‣ Applicants must engage in international mobility: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline of the call.
Selection Criteria for 2015 CONEX Incoming Fellowship Programme
‣ The evaluation process is a two-step evaluation process, with a final score of up to 100 points.
‣ The first step of the evaluation is carried out by the National Evaluation and Foresight Agency (ANEP).
‣ The second step involves evaluation by the UC3M Selection Committee. Evaluation in step one will focus on the scientific and technological quality of the proposal and the applicant.
‣ Evaluation in step two will focus on the expected impact of the fellowship on the career of the researcher, the expected impact on the Department/Institute and on the University. The selection criteria for the fellows and proposals are the following:
1. Academic excellence of the candidate
2. Excellence of the project
3. Impact of the fellowship
4. Selection, through an interview with the delegate representative
For each criterion and sub-criterion, the research experience of the applicant will be taken into account. For example, researchers applying to scheme 1 are expected to present more high impact publications and patents than researchers applying to scheme 2.
Notification for 2015 CONEX Incoming Fellowship Programme
‣ For each scheme, a resolution from the Office of the University Rector with list of the successful candidates and substitutes will be published.
‣ This resolution will not be published prior to June. Within 30 days after the publication of the evaluation results, the University will contact successful applicants who will receive a draft contract.
‣ A notification letter will be sent by e-mail to each applicant within 90 calendar days from the deadline of the call (29th of May), regarding August is not an official working period for the University.
‣ This means that every candidate will receive his/her notification letter before the 30th of September. All applicants will receive the Evaluation Summary Report.
‣ All applications must be made through the online system called the CONEX Electronic Management System (CEMS).
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 17, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.