2015 Charles A Ryskamp Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Sciences , USA , and applications are submitted till September 24, 2014. The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awards Charles A. Ryskamp Research Fellowships for tenure-track assistant professors and untenured associate professors ACLS will award up to 12 Ryskamp Fellowships in the 2014-15 competition. Fellowships support an academic year of research (nine months), plus an additional summer’s research (two months) if justified. Each fellowship carries a stipend of $64,000, a fund of $2,500 for research and travel, and an additional 2/9 of the stipend ($14,222) for one summer’s support, if justified by a persuasive case. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowships support an academic year of research (nine months), plus an additional summer’s research (two months) if justified.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Deadline: September 24, 2014
Funded By: The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Charles A Ryskamp Research Fellowships are targeted for Us and Non-US citizens
‣ Award No: ACLS will award up to 12 Ryskamp Fellowships in the 2014-15 competition.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of fellowship is one academic year, plus one summer if justified by a persuasive case
‣ Scholarship covers: Each fellowship carries a stipend of $64,000, a fund of $2,500 for research and travel, and an additional 2/9 of the stipend ($14,222) for one summer’s support, if justified by a persuasive case.
‣ ACLS invites applications for the 2015 Charles A Ryskamp Research Fellowships , generously funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation in memory of Charles A. Ryskamp, literary scholar, distinguished library and museum director, and long-serving trustee of the Foundation.
‣ These fellowships support advanced assistant professors and untenured associate professors in the humanities and related social sciences whose scholarly contributions have advanced their fields and who have well-designed and carefully developed plans for new research.
‣ The fellowships are intended to provide time and resources to enable these faculty members to conduct their research under optimal conditions.
‣ The ultimate goal of the project should be a major piece of scholarly work by the applicant.
‣ ACLS does not fund creative work (e.g., novels or films), textbooks, straightforward translation, or pedagogical projects.
‣ by September 24, 2014 will have successfully completed their institution’s last reappointment review before tenure review, (2) and -whose tenure review will not be complete before February 1, 2015.
‣ Applicants must hold the PhD (or equivalent) and be employed in tenure-track positions (3) at degree-granting academic institutions in the United States, remaining so for the duration of the fellowship. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is not required, and previous supported research leaves do not affect eligibility for the Ryskamp Fellowship.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Charles A Ryskamp Research Fellowships
‣ The scholarly selection committee for Ryskamp Fellows will evaluate all eligible proposals according to the following criteria: -The potential of the project to advance the field of study in which it is proposed and make an original and significant contribution to knowledge.
‣ The ambition and scope of the proposed project.
‣ The quality of the proposal with regard to its methodology, scope, theoretical framework, and grounding in the relevant scholarly literature.
‣ The feasibility of the project and the likelihood that the applicant will execute the work within the proposed timeframe.
‣ The scholarly record and career trajectory of the applicant.
‣ The likelihood that the proposed schedule of time and place will increase significantly the applicant’s ability to carry the project forward to timely completion.
‣ Notifications will be sent in mid-February 2015.
‣ Applications must be submitted online , and must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 24, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.