2015 CASCADE Fellowships for International Researchers in Life Sciences , and applications are submitted from 30 January 2015–30 April 2015. Applications are invited for CASCADE Fellowships available for international researchers. These fellowships are awarded in Life Sciences disciplines for 24 months programme. By the closing date for application, applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, research or study) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the previous three years. Fellows will be paid at market rates as well as receiving financial support for carrying out research and a travel/mobility allowance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Overseas
Level: research project
Field(s): Life Sciences including any of the following fields: Bioenergetics, Biological membranes, Biomedicine, Public Health & Epidemiology, Cancer Research, Cell Biology, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Developmental Biology, Enzymology, Genetic Engineering, Genomics and General Genetics, Immunology, Macromolecular Structures and Molecular Biophysics, Medical Pathology, Metabolic Regulation and Signal Transduction, Metabolism of Cellular Macromolecules, Microbiology and Parasitology, Neurosciences (including Pyschiatry and Clinical Psychology), Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Virology and Other Life Sciences (this includes areas such as Mental Health.
Deadline: The third and final call is open from 30 January 2015–30 April 2015.
Funded By: Fellowships are cofunded by the EU through FP7 Marie Curie Actions – People, Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 CASCADE Fellowships are targeted for applicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: 90 Fellowships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The maximum project length that can be funded under this programme is 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Applicants will receive a salary (the exact figure will depend on the country your Host Organisation is in, plus a monthly travel/mobility allowance (€500 per month if you have no dependents, €700 if you have dependents). Your Host Organisation will also make a fixed allowance of €8900 available to cover your research costs, but they cannot use this to pay for equipment or to cover the salaries of technicians or other staff to help you in your research.
‣ CASCADE-FELLOWS offer exciting 2015 CASCADE Fellowships career opportunities in a stimulating workplace for young experienced researchers in Life Sciences, including the fields of endocrine disruptors, nuclear receptor research and health risk assessment.
‣ You will be able to choose the research topic, destination and research group for your Fellowship freely provided your proposal can provide sufficient evidence that it will build European competitiveness and it falls within the field of Life Sciences.
‣ Only experienced researchers are eligible for the programme.
‣ This means that you must have a full PhD degree by the closing date of the call under which you are applying,
‣ or be able to prove four years’ full-time equivalent research experience after obtaining the degree which would formally entitle you to embark on a doctorate either in the country where the degree was obtained or the country in which you wish to carry out your research project.
‣ You must have successfully defended your PhD thesis (i.e. passed your viva) by the closing date for applications. -Important: Under the rules for Marie Curie Actions a medical doctor (MD) qualification is not considered equivalent to a PhD.
‣ At the closing date for applications you must not have lived or carried out your main activity (work, research or study) in the country of your Host Organisation for more than 12 months in the previous three years. -If you are not an EU/Associated Country citizen, you will only be eligible if your Host Organisation is located in an EU state or Associated Country.
‣ Applications from Third Country citizens to work with Host Organisations in a Third Country will be rejected automatically. -The EU Member states are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. -The Associated Countries are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Faroe Islands, FYR Macedonia, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey. -If your application is successful, you must be able to start your Fellowship within six months of notification of acceptance from the Programme Office, including any time needed for a visa application.
Selection Criteria for 2015 CASCADE Fellowships
‣ The evaluation process will be completed within four months of the closing date of the Call.
‣ The week after the close of the Call, the Programme Office at the University of Nottingham will check that your application fulfils all the eligibility criteria.
‣ They will check that: -your application is complete and has all the necessary sections -you have an appropriate level of research experience -you meet the mobility requirements
Notification for 2015 CASCADE Fellowships
‣ Results will be announced by 30 August 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application process for 2015 CASCADE Fellowships FELLOWS is online only.
‣ The application portal is only accessible during the period that a call is open. To submit an application you need to register as an applicant.
‣ You can then access the online forms in the secure area. If you have difficulty accessing your account, please contact Sandra Winfield (link sends e-mail). Your application needs to consist of:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The third and final call is open from 30 January 2015–30 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...