2015 Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa, and applications are submitted till 28 July 2014. Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships to pursue postgraduate study in South Africa in 2015. The students of Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships. To apply for a scholarship under this programme applicant must be studying or applying to study at a South African university. Scholarships of up to R50,000 per academic year for scholars at Master’s and PhD level. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: Master’s or Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are offered for the courses offered by South African university.
Deadline: 28 July 2014.
Funded By: Canon Collins Trust
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Canon Collins Scholarships are targeted for students of Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for up to a maximum of two years for master’s and three years for PhD.
‣ Scholarship covers: In 2015 most awards will be valued at R60,000 annually, with a maximum award of R100,000 per academic year, for study at Masters and PhD level. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning. -We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, usually in July, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. These are part of our programme and allow scholars to become part of our network.
‣ Canon Collins Trust invites applications for 2015 Canon Collins Scholarships for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2014.
‣ We will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Master’s and three years for PhD.
‣ Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports. Canon Collins scholarships are not full scholarships and funding depends on the type of course you are doing. Awards in 2013 were up to the value of ZAR 50,000.
‣ Awards in 2014 are likely to be similar.
‣ A national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
‣ Normally resident in one of the above countries -In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application -Studying or applying to study at a South African university
‣ In selecting scholars, the Trust will apply a number of criteria including academic merit, need and the potential to contribute to southern Africa’s future prosperity.
‣ The past achievements of the applicant, present commitment to further study, as well as their future plans, will be assessed in relation to how that will contribute to the development of southern Africa.
‣ 2015 Canon Collins Scholarships Applicants for all schemes within the 2015 SA Scholarship Programme will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form against the criteria outlined below:
‣ Notifications will be send through email.
‣ Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university. Applications will be submitted online.
‣ All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documentation:
‣ You may also need to submit:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28 July 2014. The applications will close according to British summer time.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.