2015 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships for Foreign Students , and applications are submitted till 15 December 2014 for the academic session 2015/2016. Applications are invited for Brueni Darussalam Government Scholarships available for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] in Brunei. These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. These are awarded for pursuing HND (Higher National Diploma), undergraduate, master’s, master’s by research and doctoral program in various disciplines. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Brunei
Level:Scholarships are available for pursuing HND (Higher National Diploma), undergraduate (Honours), master, master’s by research and doctoral program at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for the courses offered by the UBD, UNISSA and ITB at different levels.
Deadline: 15 December 2014 for the academic session 2015/2016.
Funded By: Brunei Darussalam Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships are targeted for Students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others can apply for the scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB,
two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
‣ Scholarship covers:The scholarships covers tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university for the duration of the programme. -One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses. -Allowances payable will include: -Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00 -Annual Book Allowance BND600.00 -Monthly food allowance of BND150.00 -Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region. -An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport. -Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. -Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
‣ With His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam’s consent, the Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2015/2016 academic session.
‣ Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the 2015 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
‣ Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others are eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31 July 2015. at the commencement of the academic session for which they are applying for admission.
‣ The award is not eligible, to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
‣ Applications should be submitted by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Complete application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents must reach the Technical Assistant Division not later than 15 December 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.