2015 BREMEN TRAC Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Fellows, Germany , and applications are submitted till 1 April 2015. University of Bremen awards postdoctoral fellowships, co-financed by the Marie Curie Program of the European Union, to excellent post-docs at an early stage in applicants career. BREMEN TRAC applicants can be of any nationality, but at the time of application, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the call deadline. Each call for applications will offer six two-year postdoctoral fellowships. At least 50% of the positions are reserved especially for women. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
Field(s): The program is open to all fields of research represented at the University of Bremen.
Deadline: 1 April 2015.
Funded By: University of Bremen and Marie Curie Program of the European Union
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 BREMEN TRAC Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Applicants of any nationality
‣ Award No: In the years 2013 to 2015 it is intended to publish yearly calls for applications within the BREMEN TRAC fellowship program. Each call for applications will offer six two-year postdoctoral fellowships.
At least 50% of the positions are reserved especially for women.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These Incoming Fellowships are awarded for two-year.
‣ Scholarship covers: BREMEN TRAC Fellows will receive a two-year working contract according to the German civil service remuneration system with the accordant social benefits and rights plus a monthly mobility allowance. Social security and health insurance are covered by the salary (pay grade E 13 TV-L). Beyond that, fellows receive a travel allowance once for their relocation to Bremen. In addition, a research allowance of up to 8.000 € per year depending on the project needs is offered to cover expenses for various activities, such as conference and workshop participation and/or organization, field research (in Germany or abroad) and publication costs.
‣ BREMEN TRAC offers two-year incoming 2015 BREMEN TRAC Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship, co-financed by the Marie Curie Program of the European Union, to excellent post-docs at an early stage in their career.
‣ The program is open to all fields of research represented at the University of Bremen. Positions are awarded competitively and come with an own research budget. Succesful applicants of any nationality complying with the rules of mobility will be able to conduct an independent research project in a highly competitive and vibrant research landscape.
‣ They must have received their doctorate no later than two years ago (date of issue of the doctoral degree certificate).
Selection Criteria for 2015 BREMEN TRAC Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Research Funding Committee and the Rectorate of the University of
Bremen will decide on the application based on the following criteria:
1 Applicant‘s Qualifications -Contribution of a doctoral dissertation to development of the research field;
‣ Outstanding publication activity (quality, quantity, and significance, taking peer reviewed publications into account as well as sole and first authorship, inasmuch as relevant for the field);
‣ Networking skills and experience of cooperation in the scientific community (for example, research sojourns in other countries, international cooperation projects, the organization of conferences, edited works);
‣ Leadership and management experience or recognizable potential (including gender and diversity competence);
‣ Prizes and other awards for academic achievements.
2. Quality of Project -Originality and quality of project;
3. Integration within the Research Environment of the University of Bremen -Integration in the research group/institute (strategic fit with the research area);
‣ The application needs to be submitted electronically via an online application form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.