2015 Bings Scholarships for International Students in New Zealand , and applications are submitted till 1 October 2014. Applications are invited for research scholarships available for those undertaking the thesis year of a Masters programme at a university in New Zealand. Scholarships are to be in the fields of medicine, veterinary science, agriculture, psychology, psychiatry or theology. Scholarships will be awarded to any persons without restrictions of gender, race, nationality, creed or age who, by their occupations, courses of study or experience are qualified to carry out research (at Masters level). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): university in New Zealand | New Zealand
Level: Masters Research Degree
Field(s): medicine, veterinary science, agriculture, psychology, psychiatry or theology.
Deadline: 1 October 2014
Funded By: The funds for this scholarship are provided by the income from a bequest made by Mrs Elsie Violet Wells
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Bings Scholarships for International Students are targeted for Students of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Normally one scholarship awarded each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each award shall be tenable for one year and that year shall be the thesis year of a Master’s degree. The award shall be tenable by those undertaking full time study at a university in New Zealand.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of each award shall be $2,000 per annum.
‣ Provided by the income from a bequest made by Mrs Elsie Violet Wells, these 2015 Bings Scholarships for International Students are to be in the fields of: medicine, veterinary science, agriculture, psychology, psychiatry or theology.
‣ The fields of research in which the scholarships will be tenable for the years 2015 – 2020 are as follows: 2015 and 2018 Agriculture and Theology, 2016 and 2019 Psychology and Psychiatry and 2017 and 2020 Medicine and Veterinary Science.
‣ Decision will be made in December.
‣ The online application form will request and applicants must provide:
a) a statement outlining the candidate’s thesis research. b) a statement outlining the candidate’s extracurricular activities.
c) a statement describing any other particulars that may prove useful to the selection committee. In the on-line application candidates must nominate as referees two persons who have been requested to testify directly and confidentially to the selection committee.
d)The referees must add their references to the on-line application by the closing date. A copy of the candidate’s academic transcript can be provided by the candidate’s New Zealand university.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.