2015 Bertha MBA Scholarships for African Students at UCT Graduate School of Business in South Africa, and applications are submitted till 14th November 2014. The Graduate School of Business at UCT offers annual Bertha MBA scholarships for African students who have met the requirements for the MBA programme and who are driven by their pursuit in social or green ventures. The scholarship covers full costs of t he MBA programme. To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have started or worked in an entrepreneurial social or green venture, or have worked on sustainable social business strategies within an organisation for at least 1 year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: Master Degree
Field(s): MBA programme.
Deadline: 14th November 2014.
Funded By: The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship has been established at the GSB as a result of a partnership between the GSB and The Bertha Foundation.)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Bertha MBA Scholarships are targeted for South African /African students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The Bertha Scholarship covers full costs of the MBA programme at the UCT Graduate School of Business for candidates committed to social innovation and entrepreneurship.
‣ The 2015 Bertha MBA Scholarships were created to nurture a new generation of social innovators, and to explore entrepreneurial solutions to help solve some of the urgent social and environmental problems of our time.
‣ The combination of scholarship, geographic location and leading academic content in emerging markets provides a unique opportunity for the most talented and innovative students.
‣ The Bertha Scholars are Africa-based social innovators with a commitment and track record to creating positive change.
‣ Candidates must be South African /African Citizens and Permanent Residents.
‣ Candidates must have started or worked in an entrepreneurial social or green venture, or have worked on sustainable social business strategies within an organisation for at least 1 year.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate a strong moral character, strong entrepreneurial drive, a track record of action, leadership qualities, traits of social activism and a commitment to the sustainable development of emerging economies.
‣ Through the submission of an essay, candidates must show how the MBA at this stage in their career will help to accelerate their impact and how it will contribute to the wider creation of value for society.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate some need for the scholarship, through either previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a social venture, which make self-funding the MBA a significant burden.
‣ Candidates will be notified if they are selected for interview by 5 December 2014. Interviews will take place during the second or third week of December 2014.
‣ The final decision and award of the scholarship will be made by a Scholarship selection panel, following which candidates will be informed by 19 December 2014. Candidates will only be able to take up the Bertha Scholarship if admitted to the MBA programme.
‣ Interested candidates should submit the Bertha Scholarship Application Form together with their UCT MBA application number received from the GSB Admissions Office, contact details and CV to berthacentre-at-gsb.uct.ac.za.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 14th November 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.