2015 Balmoral Residential Fellowships for International Visual Artists in Germany, and applications are submitted till June 28th 2014. Kunstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral offers residential fellowships for visual artists for a period of three or nine months. Applicants’ artistic work should focus on or have some connection with or make reference to Dada, the artistic movement which will have its centenary in the following year 2016. For 2015, there are two 3-months residential fellowships and four 9-month residential fellowships available. The fellowships are endowed with 1,400 € a month. Balmoral fellowships are awarded for visual artists of any age from Germany and around the world. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: three or nine months fellowships available for visual artists.
Field(s): For the residencies for 2015, applicants’ artistic work should focus on or have some connection with or make reference to Dada, the artistic movement which will have its centenary in the following year 2016
Deadline: June 28th 2014.
Funded By: Kunstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Balmoral Residential Fellowships are targeted for Both German and international artists can apply for these residential fellowships.
‣ Award No: For 2015, the Künstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral is awarding two 3-month residential fellowships and four 9-month residential fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Two fellowships are awarded for the period of three months and four fellowships are awarded for the period of nine months.
‣ Scholarship covers: 2015 Balmoral Residential Fellowships are residential fellowships; continuous presence is obligatory. The fellowships are endowed with 1,400 € a month. The fellowship holders are provided with a furnished living/bedroom with shower/WC and a studio including electricity, water and heating. Running costs (electricity, water and heating) will be paid by the Künstlerhaus. Each apartment is equipped with an individual telephone and internet access. If required, the room is also wired up for radio and television. The lounge, the dining room and the kitchen are for joint use. Due to the historic nature of the building, the apartments and studios in terms of their size and equipment are normally only suitable for one single person. Pets are not admitted. The fellows may use free of charge the in-house wood workshop and a library containing approx. 5,500 books, mainly on modern and contemporary art, and the major art magazines.
‣ Artists’ residence Künstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral in Bad Ems was founded in 1995 and is a place of reflection, artistic production, discussion and meeting.
‣ It supports visual artists from all over the world by awarding artists-in-residence fellowships.
‣ The Künstlerhaus is publicly presented through lectures, concerts and exhibitions.
‣ Works by the fellows are regularly shown in ‘Made in Balmoral’, the Künstlerhaus’s exhibition space in the Bad Ems city centre.
‣ Schloss Balmoral sees itself as an interface between artistic
‣ Balmoral intends to build a bridge between the artists’ present and their future.
‣ The preconditions for applicants for the residential fellowships for visual artists are a completed course of study in art (M.F.A. or comparable) and three years of continuous artistic work after the conclusion of studies until the beginning of the fellowship.
‣ Applications are also possible for autodidacts distinguished by special artistic achievements, as documented by exhibitions and prizes. -Knowledge of German or English is expected.
‣ The decision on the award of the 2015 Balmoral Residential Fellowships is made by a jury of experts taking into special consideration the potential of the artistic work for development.
‣ The members of the jury make their choice according to the quality of the work samples applicants have to hand in together with their application.
The selection committee normally consists of one chairperson and seven members of the jury who are expert representatives of the following professional groups:
‣ an art critic;
‣ a museum director or curator;
‣ a representative of the studies of Fine Arts from a university or an art academy;
‣ a member of the artists associations in the Federal State of Rhineland-Palatinate -a visual artist;
‣ the artistic director of the Künstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral;
‣ a former fellow;
‣ the desk officer of the Ministry of Education, Science, Further Education and Culture of Rhineland-Palatinate, Mainz.
‣ The applicants will not receive any reasons in writing for the decision made on the awarding of the fellowships, but will be informed of the result; preferable by e-mail.
‣ Applications should be submitted via post. Applications without a filled application form will not be accepted.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 28th 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.