2015 Atsumi International Scholarships for PhD Students in Japan , and applications are submitted till 30th September, 2014. Applications are invited for Atsumi Scholarships available for PhD Students who are enrolled in a graduate schools located in the Kanto area in Japan. A student from the world over with non-Japanese nationality and who is expecting to obtain his/her PhD within the term of the AISF scholarship is eligible to apply. These scholarships are awarded for one year (April through March). The monthly stipend will be 200,000 yen. Any Atsumi scholarship recipient who is awarded a PhD will be eligible for a travel grant. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level:PhD degree level at a graduate school in the Kanto area.
Field(s): any of the courses
Deadline: 30th September, 2014.
Funded By: Atsumi International Scholarship Foundation (AISF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Atsumi International Scholarships are targeted for International students (non-Japanese)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: These Atsumi Scholarships are offered for one year (April through March).
‣ Scholarship covers: The monthly stipend will be 200,000 yen. AISF will award the scholarship to 12 students since 2000 fiscal year. No extension will be granted. Any Atsumi scholarship recipient who is awarded a Ph.D., will be eligible for a travel grant. This grant will cover transportation, lodging and registration fees to attend a conference held abroad within one year of the recipient being awarded his/her Ph.D. If one lives abroad, the grant can be used to visit Japan.
‣ 2015 Atsumi International Scholarships Foundation (AISF) offers scholarship to Ph.D candidates enrolled in the graduate schools located in the Kanto area in Japan.
‣ A student from the world over with non-Japanese nationality who is enrolled in a graduate school in the Kanto area and who is expecting to obtain his/her Ph.D.
‣ within the term of the AISF scholarship.
‣ This includes those who are enrolled in graduate school as researchers because of their going over the required period as a regular student or because of their obtaining their Ph.D. from a foreign graduate school.
‣ A student whose graduate school (or laboratory) and place of residence are in the Kanto area (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama , Chiba, Ibaraki, Tochigi, and Gunma Prefectures)
‣ A student who is interested in international understanding and friendship and willing to participate in AISF sponsored activities.
‣ All applicants and their schools will be informed of the results in late November.
‣ Application forms are available either at the appropriate foreign students scholarship office of each graduate school or at the AISF office from July 1st.
‣ It could also be printed out from this internet homepage from July 1st.
‣ Applications are accepted by mail from September 1st up to the 30th.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th September, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.