2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program at Kyoto University in Japan , and applications are submitted till September 15, 2014. The (AFLSP) is offering scholarship program for pursuing undergraduate, master, doctoral and professional degree program at Kyoto University. Approximately 15 Scholarships are offered. Scholarships are offered for maximum of two years. Scholarships are open for citizenship of an Asian country other than Japan. To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants going to enroll as a regular (degree-seeking) student (master’s [post-doctoral], doctoral, 5-year doctoral, professional degree program) at a graduate school of Kyoto University in October 2014 or April 2015, and planning to complete that degree program in the standard number of years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Kyoto University | Japan
Level: Undergraduate, Master, Doctoral & Professional Degree Program
Field(s): any of the courses at Kyoto University.
Deadline: September 15, 2014.
Funded By: The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP), Japan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program is targeted for The Students of Asia except Japan (Afghanistan, Bahrain , Bangladesh ,Bhutan ,Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Oman Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen) can apply for these full scholarships) students.
‣ Award No: Approximately 15 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program is offered for Maximum of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Annual amount: 25,000 US dollars. -As the scholarship shall be paid in Japanese yen, the actual amount received may vary depending on the exchange rate. -The total scholarship amount shall be divided into the monthly stipends and the amount equivalent to tuition fee. The monthly stipend shall be paid into the recipient’s bank account in monthly installments. The amount equivalent to the tuition fee shall be paid in two installments together with the monthly stipend in May and November. The recipient’s enrollment status shall be checked each month prior to payment.
‣ The 2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) is a full scholarship program designed to promote interaction among the young people of Asia.
‣ It was established through the generosity of Mr. Ronald K. Y. Chao (vice chairman, Novel Enterprises Limited) of Hong Kong, and is administered by Bai Xian Education Foundation Limited and Bai Xian Asia Institute Limited.
‣ Commencing operation in 2014, AFLSP aims to support young Asians wishing to undertake study abroad within the Asia-Pacific region, advance cross-cultural understanding, and foster individuals capable of contributing to goodwill and development both in Asia and globally in the future.
‣ Six universities in Japan and China, including Kyoto University, have been chosen as anchor universities for the AFLSP.
‣ These universities, together with other institutions participating in the program, shall select the scholarship recipients each year.
‣ Supportive of the AFLSP’s purposes, interested in international understanding and goodwill, and prepared to contribute.
‣ Citizenship of an Asian country other than Japan, and prospective status of residence in Japan of “College Student” at the time the scholarship is awarded (those with multiple citizenship of Japan and other country/ies are not eligible).
‣ Under 35 years of age at the time of application.
‣ Completed a bachelor’s degree at a designated institution (Peking University, Tsinghua University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Xi’an Jiao Tong University, Nanjing University, University of Science and Technology of China), or expecting to complete such a degree by the beginning of the scholarship term.
‣ Expecting to enroll as a regular (degree-seeking) student (master’s [post-doctoral], doctoral, 5-year doctoral, professional degree program) at a graduate school of Kyoto University in October 2014 or April 2015, and planning to complete that degree program in the standard number of years.
‣ Completed the screening procedures at the Kyoto University Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) by the beginning of the scholarship term.
‣ Recommended by a supervising university professor or by an individual of equivalent status.
‣ Capable of communicating in either Japanese or English.
‣ 2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program candidates should able to participate in the Summer Enrichment Program (held annually over four weeks) and other exchange events held as part of the program during the scholarship term.
‣ Summer Enrichment Program 2015: August 2 – 29, 2015 in Hangzhou, China (tentative calendar) -Not in receipt of scholarships from any other organization or government during the term of the scholarship.
‣ Not engaged in any casual employment or other work during the term of the scholarship unless granted permission.
‣ Never previously received an Scholarship Program
.‣ In genuine need of financial support.
‣ In sound physical and mental health, with high moral standards, and an outstanding academic record.
‣ Recipients shall be selected by a screening of their application documents, followed by interviews.
‣ The mode of applying is by email.
‣ All documents must be provided in either English or Japanese.
‣ All documents are to be submitted as PDF files, except for item (2), which should be submitted in JPG format.
‣ All documents should be typed, except for signatures.
‣ Any documents which cannot be submitted by the deadline must be indicated on the application form and submitted as soon as they are obtained.
‣ 2015 Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program Scholarship Application Form (use the standard form provided) *to be completed by applicant.
‣ Letter of recommendation from supervising professor or equivalent (Use the standard form provided or a similar format.
‣ If possible, the recommendation should be provided by the applicant’s prospective graduate school supervisor.
‣ If it is not possible to submit a recommendation by a Kyoto University faculty member because a supervisor has not yet been determined or for other similar reasons, the recommendation should be provided by a supervisor or faculty member of equivalent status at the university or graduate school in which the applicant is currently or was recently enrolled.).
‣ Photograph of the applicant (head-and-shoulders image with no headwear, taken in the last six months. To be submitted as a JPG file).
‣ Certificates. Please refer to “5. Documents to be sent to the AAO by the applicant” in “How to Apply for AAO Screening.”
‣ Declaration of Understanding and Agreement for an International Student Scholarship Application (use the standard form provided.
‣ Complete in either Japanese or English), (6) Letter of Admission to a graduate school at Kyoto University (7) Copy of Residence Card (both sides)
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.