2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship in South Africa , and applications are submitted till 30th April 2015 (grade 12) and 31st August 2015 (1 year). Applications are invited for Allan Gray fellowship from the students of Southern Africa. The fellowship is only available to Grade 12 and first year university students. Foundation awards up to one hundred fellowships which runs throughout the year. The fellowship will cover tuition, residence and a book allowance as well as a monthly stipend. The Fellowship includes comprehensive tertiary education financial support alongside exposure to thought leaders, mentorship and entrepreneurial mindset development. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: The Allan Gray Fellowship is only available to Grade 12 and first year university students at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS), the University of Johannesburg (UJ), the University of Pretoria (UP), the University of Cape Town (UCT), Stellenbosch University (SU), the University of the Western Cape (UWC), the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) and Rhodes University (RU).
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to study Commerce, Science (excluding medicine), Engineering, Law or Humanities (Majoring in Politics, Philosophy or Economics).
Deadline: 30th April 2015 (grade 12) and 31st August 2015 (1 year).
Funded By: Allan Gray Orbis Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship is targeted for Students from Southern Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland
‣ Award No: The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation awards up to one hundred Fellowships every year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship runs throughout the year and includes seminars, guest speakers, experiential learning activities and project based deliverables.
‣ Scholarship covers: 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship covers the following: -Financial assistance in terms of academic studies at a Southern African University (UCT, WITS, UJ, UP, Rhodes or NMMU) for the full length of the degree.
-Full cost of residence; cost of living stipend to meet the incidentals of normal life on campus.
-An Entrepreneurial and Personal Development Programme, which is overlaid on top of the Allan Gray Fellow’s undergraduate studies, running throughout the year. This will include seminars, guest speakers, experiential learning activities and project based deliverables.
-Mentorship, both from individually assigned Foundation employed staff, as well as business mentors, that will assist the Fellow in their development.
-Future scholarships for postgraduate study that are in line with potential future impact, if the Fellow proves their ability during the undergraduate degree. This opportunity extends to the possibility of international study.
-The possibility of future funding from E2 for those Fellows who successfully complete the programme, have work experience and are able to submit compelling business plans.
‣ The Foundation offers the exceptional 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship to Southern Africa’s pioneering bright young students.
‣ This initiative aims to develop students, known as Allan Gray Candidate Fellows, into Southern Africa’s future high impact entrepreneurial leaders.
‣ Every year, the Foundation selects the best and most ambitious Grade 12 and first year university students from Southern Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland to join its vibrant community of Allan Gray Candidate Fellows.
‣ The Fellowship includes comprehensive financial support alongside exposure to thought leaders, mentorship and entrepreneurial mindset development. Access to postgraduate funding is available to those who have excelled in their tertiary studies and the Fellows Programme.
‣ The Fellowship’s vision is to create and support a vibrant community of emerging high impact entrepreneurial leaders so that Candidate Fellows become individuals who will significantly impact and positively change the world around them.
‣ The 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship aims to support Candidate Fellows in their academic, personal and entrepreneurial leadership development whilst they are at university.
‣ The Fellowship application is open to learners and students from Southern Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland. Applicants must have an ambassador of the Foundation’s intended profile; Intention to study for a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding Medicine), Engineering, Law or Humanities (majoring in Politics, Philosophy, or Economics) degree at WITS, UJ, UCT, NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch or UP)
‣ Mandatory Requirements: South Africa (Grade 12)
Mandatory Requirements: Swaziland Grade 12
Mandatory Requirements: Botswana Grade 12
Selection Criteria for 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship
‣ The Fellowship selection team specifically focuses on attracting eligible applicants using effective assessment tools and rigorous and reliable processes to make sure that eligible candidates are fairly assessed and that the correct decisions are made.
‣ 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship applicants need to fulfill the criteria indicated below:
Notifications for 2015 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship
‣ Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a telephone interview and request of reference letters.
‣ Applicants can apply by post or email.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Application deadlines for South Africa are 30th April 2015 (grade 12) and 31st August 2015 (1 year).
‣ Note: Applications for Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana are not open for 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.