2015 AFFIRM MPhil Fellowships in Public Mental Health, South Africa, and applications are submitted till 30th September 2014. Applications are invited for MPhil fellowships available for applicants from Hub countries (Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi or Ethiopia). Applicants must undertake a research project that is aligned with the goal of AFFIRM, which is to use task shifting interventions to narrow the treatment gap in sub-Saharan Africa. Up to five MPhil fellowships are available to complete the MPhil in Public Mental Health in the Centre for Public Mental Health in 2015. The Fellowships cover all the tuition, travel and accommodation fees related to the programme. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: MPhil program
Field(s): Public Mental Health
Deadline: 30th September 2014.
Funded By: Africa Focus on Intervention Research for Mental Health (AFFIRM), South Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 AFFIRM MPhil Fellowships are targeted for Applicants of Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi or Ethiopia
‣ Award No: Up to five MPhil fellowships are available. Only 1Fellowship will be awarded in each of the following countries: Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Ethiopia.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The AFFIRM Fellowship is tenable during the first and second years of registration. Should the degree not be completed within 2 years, the candidate will be responsible for the necessary registration fee and study costs in subsequent years of registration.
‣ Scholarship covers: These 2015 AFFIRM MPhil Fellowships cover all the tuition, travel and accommodation fees related to the programme.
‣ The Alan J. Flisher Centre for Public Mental Health (CPMH), a joint initiative of the Psychology Department at Stellenbosch University and the Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health at the University of Cape Town, is an independent inter-disciplinary academic research and teaching centre for public mental health promotion and service development in Africa.
‣ The CPMH is proud to invite applications from these countries to register for the MPhil in Public Mental Health in 2015.
‣ be from Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi or Ethiopia ;
‣ successfully gain entry to the MPhil in Public Mental Health, and ;
‣ undertake a research project that is aligned with the goal of AFFIRM, which is to use task shifting interventions to narrow the treatment gap in sub-Saharan Africa.
‣ Admission to the programme is highly competitive, and is based primarily on academic merit and potential to contribute to mental health development in under-served areas in Africa.
‣ A rigorous selection process will be engaged in to identify the candidates who are most likely to successfully complete the degree within the prescribed period.
‣ In addition to the written application, short-listed applicants may be requested to attend a teleconference interview.
‣ The outcome of the selection process will be communicated to all applicants by early November 2014.
‣ The completed application forms, together with all the required supporting documents, must be submitted electronically as a PDF file to Songelwa Mobo at Songelwa.mobo-at-uct.ac.za.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.