2015 Accord International Internships For Graduates & Postgraduates In South Africa , and applications are submitted till 28th November 2015. Applications are invited for internships at ACCORD for international students. ACCORD offers internships to graduates and post-graduates. A degree in a social science related to conflict management, conflict resolution, peace studies or international relations is preferable. Internships at ACCORD are typically unpaid and voluntary positions. However, to encourage and promote the development of African scholars and African expertise, some funding is available to support selected interns. The funding is limited and only African nationals may be eligible to receive a modest living stipend to support them during their Internship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Field(s): The internship programme provides interns with an opportunity to learn from the various areas of expertise offered by ACCORD’s staff, as well as ACCORD’s various conflict resolution projects. Interns at ACCORD have enjoyed research, analysis, assisting in preparing and implementing workshops, participation in trainings, developing projects, and meeting a host of academics and practitioners in the field of conflict management.
Deadline: 28th November 2015.
Funded By: ACCORD
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Accord International Internships is targeted for applicants from all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The minimum duration for internships is 3 months. However internships may range from 3 to 6 months with the possibility of extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? No, Internships at ACCORD are typically unpaid and voluntary positions. Interns are responsible for all their travel, accommodation, transport, living expenses and other costs incurred while preparing for and undertaking an internship with
‣ ACCORD offers 2015 Accord International Internships to graduates and post-graduates. However, all applications are welcome and will be considered at the discretion of the Executive Director.
‣ Interns work under the supervision and guidance of a Department Manager performing a variety of duties ranging from conducting research and developing training materials to producing documents for publication.
‣ Internships are typically unpaid positions lasting from three to six months depending on the assignment and the availability of resources.
‣ Candidates are required to have a graduate or post-graduate degree (or be enrolled in a graduate programme) in a social science related to conflict management, conflict resolution, peace studies or international relations.
‣ The applicants must be fluent in English and be adept to both researching and writing.
‣ For the Peace building and Peacemaking Units’ positions, fluency in French would be a benefit.
‣ Previous work experience in the field is not a requirement but it is preferred that the candidate exhibits a strong commitment to, and understanding of, the focal areas of the Unit he or she is applying for.
Notification for 2015 Accord International Internships
‣ only short listed applicants will be notified. In general, notification will be given by mid-November (for the following February intake) and mid- March (if applying for June/July intake).
‣ All applications must be sent via e-mail.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 28th November 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.