2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships for International Students , and applications are submitted till 30 March, 2015. Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus scholarships available to applicants from all nationalities. These scholarships are awarded for 18-months MSc programme in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), the University of Patras, the University of Grenoble 1 “Joseph Fourier” and the Middle East Technical University. There are three types of scholarships are available within the scope of the MEEES programme: Category A Scholarships for third-country nationals, Category B Scholarships for European applicants and Consortium Scholarship for students of any nationality. The scholarships range from 15,000€ (Euro) to 38,000€ (Euro). Full details:
Level: MSc programmes at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), the University of Patras, the University of Grenoble 1 “Joseph Fourier” and the Middle East Technical University.
Field(s): Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
Deadline: 30 March 2015
Funded By: European Commission under the framework of the Erasmus+ programme
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships are targeted for applicants from all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of this programme is 18-month.
‣ Scholarship covers: Category A Scholarships:
Category B Scholarships (2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships ) :
‣ The MEEES programme is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course, that aims to provide higher-level education in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology. Graduate students involved in this Erasmus Mundus Masters course have the possibility of following a 18-month MSc programmes on either Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology.
‣ In addition, the proposed EM Masters course envisages also the possibility of students following a 18-month study programme that leads to the attainment of a Masters degree on Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
‣ Three types of scholarships (2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships) are available within the scope of the MEEES programme: Category A Scholarships, Category B Scholarships and Consortium Scholarship.
‣ For the 2015-2016 edition there will be Erasmus+ scholarships available for students from: Partner Countries (non-EEA students, formerly known as Category A) and Programme Countries (EEA students, formerly known as Category B).
‣ Students from a Partner Country may not have carried out their main activities (studies, training, work) or not have been residents in one of the Programme Countries for more than 12 months in the past 5 years.
‣ If this 12-month rule applies to you, you may only apply to a Programme Country scholarship (formerly Cat B).
‣ The minimum requirement in order to apply for the MEEES program me(2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships) is a University Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering. Past professional experience will be valued. Admission to the course depends on academic qualifications, past professional experience and English proficiency.
‣ The Category A Scholarship: This is available to third-country applicants. In order to qualify as a third-country national, applicants must:
‣ The Category B scholarship: This is open to applicants who are not eligible to the Category A scholarship. For the 2014/2015 Academic Year a dedicated geografical window was opened by the European Commission to allow students to apply for dedicated Category B Scholarships. This window is: former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and Turkey window
‣ The Consortium scholarship: This is open to students of any nationality, without exceptions. To be eligible for a scholarship directly sponsored by the European Commission, i.e. a Category A or a Category B Scholarships, the scholarship holder must study in countries different form the country in which he/she has obtained his/her last university degree. This means e.g. that a student who obtained his/her last degree in Italy is not allowed to study at the UME School if he/she is receiving a Category A or a Category B scholarship.
Notification for 2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MEEES Scholarships
‣ The MEEES Admissions Board will assess all admissions in February 2015, afterwards it will send the scholarships list to the European Commission for final approval.
‣ It is expected that the final results of the selection process will be available by the end of May 2015 (for Partner and Programme Country scholarships) and by the end of June 2015 (for Consortium scholarships and admissions without scholarship).
‣ Applications should be submitted online.
‣ Through the online application procedure, applicants must provide electronic copies of the following documents:
‣ Scholarships are due on 30 March, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.