2015-2016 Sri Lankan Government Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students ad applications are submitted till 30 September 2015. Applications are invited for Sri Lankan Government Scholarships available for foreign students to pursue undergraduate degree. Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical & Dental Sciences. Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship, identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sri Lanka
Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): for courses other than Medical & Dental Sciences. Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields.
Deadline: 30 September 2015.
Funded By: Ministry of Higher Education
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Sri Lankan Government Presidential Scholarships are targeted for Foreign students from identified countries .
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for the whole duration of the course.
free of charge tuition and registration.
-Free of charge visa for
-During the study period, a monthly living allowance of
Rs.30, 000/- will be paid.
-One-off settlement allowance of Rs.
-Reimburse the cost of airfare (economy class) to
come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after
-Accommodation: It is expected that the scholarship
recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with
the monthly allowance of Rs.30, 000/- (The relevant university/higher
educational institute will assist in finding suitable
-Medical Cover: Free of charge medical benefits
will be provided at government hospitals other than dental related
suitable accommodation). -Medical Cover: Free of charge medical benefits will be provided at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
‣ 2015-2016 Sri Lankan Government Presidential Scholarships Program for Foreign Students implemented by the Ministry of Higher Education has been in operation for three years and provides 100 undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships annually to foreign students from identified countries.
‣ It is hoped that this would bring about stronger educational and cultural ties with friendly nations.
‣ This scholarship scheme offers international students a chance to enroll themselves in either undergraduate or postgraduate programs conducted by some state universities in Sri Lanka.
‣ Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship (A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply).
‣ Candidates with impressive result of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka.
‣ Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination conducted in Sri Lanka or the G.C.E. A/L examination of University of London or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor degree.
‣ Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same setting under a recognized Board of Examination.
‣ Be less than 25 years of age on 15.10.2015.
‣ 2015-2016 Sri Lankan Government Presidential Scholarships Applicants should possess a first degree from a recognized university with good academic merit to enroll a masters degree and for PhD studies, a Master/MPhil degree is required in addition to the first degree.
‣ Be less than 45 years of age on 15.10.2014.
English Language Proficiency:
‣ English is the medium of instruction. Accordingly, an applicant whose previous education has not been conducted in English has to demonstrate a good command of English sufficient to meet the demands of classroom instructions, written assignments and participation in tutorials and discussions. Therefore, applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English i.e a minimum score of 525 on TOEFL or 6.0 on IELTS for undergraduate studies. For Masters or PhD, the required marks should be a minimum score of 550 on TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via post.
‣ Each applicant should submit dully perfected 04 sets of applications (one original) along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
‣ Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 09 B of the application
‣ The government nominating agency of the applicant should submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
‣ In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly.
‣ Required documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.