2015-2016 SINGA PhD Awards for International Students in Singapore , and applications are submitted till 1st January 2016 for August 2016 intake. SINGA PhD Awards are given every year to top students from all over the world. SINGA only supports PhD studies in the field of science and engineering. PhD training will be carried out in English at applicant’s chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. The award provides financial support for up to 4 years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories: (i) Biomedical Sciences and (ii) Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Applicants can pursue a PhD degree in any field of study for which they can demonstrate interest and capability. The PhD projects under SINGA are research based, not clinically based.
Deadline: 1st January 2016 for August 2016 intake.
Funded By: The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 SINGA PhD Awards are targeted for international students.
‣ Award No: Up to 240 SINGA Awards will be given every year to top students from all over the world.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are awarded for 4 years of PhD studies.
‣ Scholarship covers: Total offer is about:
-The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
-Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
-One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
-One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
‣ The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD.
‣ Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
‣ Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
‣ Good skills in written and spoken English
‣ Good reports from academic referees
‣ The selection criteria for SINGA include the applicant’s academic record, publications, recommendations from academic referees, personal achievements, passion and ability to excel in research and an interview if short-listed.
‣ Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.
‣ Applicant will first need to fill up an online application form and submit it through the SINGA website. Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st June 2016 for August 2016 intake.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.