2015-2016 P E O International Peace Scholarship for Women in USA and Canada , and application are submitted till December 15, 2014. Applications are invited for P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) available for women who are citizens of countries other than the United States or Canada. Scholarships are awarded to graduate study at college or university in the United States and Canada. The maximum amount for a full twelve (12) months of study is $10,000. In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year. International students attending cottey are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
School(Institutions/ Country): college or university in the United States and Canada | USA and Canada
Level: graduate study in the United States and Canada
Field(s): any subject available at college or university in the United States and Canada
Deadline: December 15, 2014.
Funded By: International Peace Scholarship Fund, Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O.)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 P E O International Peace Scholarship is targeted for International students (except USA and Canada).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for one year. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December.
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
‣ The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949 by the Philanthropic Educational Organization, is a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
‣ The 2015-2016 P E O International Peace Scholarship applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study or working toward a graduate degree in a college or university in the US or Canada.
‣ In order to qualify for her first scholarship, the applicant must have at least one full year of coursework remaining and be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
‣ An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study, working toward a graduate degree in a college or university in the United States or Canada.
‣ A student holding citizenship or permanent residency of the united States or Canada is ineligible.
‣ Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, if not combined with coursework; travel, or to pay past debts.
‣ In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
‣ Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working on dissertations only are not eligible as first-time applicants.
‣ International students attending cottey are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 P E O International Peace Scholarship
‣ The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
‣ At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses.
‣ Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
‣ Announcement of awards will be made in May, 2015.
‣ Information concerning the international peace Scholarship program is available from the P.E.O. Executive Office or from the website.
‣ Eligibility must be established before application material is sent to applicants.
‣ The eligibility information is available from website at any time but the completed form will be accepted electronically in the IPS office only between September 15 and December 15.
‣ Application material will be sent to Cottey College applicants after they have been admitted to Cottey and recommended by the Director of Admission.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline to submit Eligibility Forms and to request Renewal application material is December 15, 2014. Last day to submit completed Renewal applications and completed first-time applications from students already enrolled in graduate programs is March 1, 2015. Last day to submit completed application materials for first-time applicants not yet enrolled and completed application materials for students attending Cottey College is April 1, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about 2015-2016 P E O International Peace Scholarship