2015-2016 National Academy of Education / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in USA , and applications are submitted till November 7, 2014. National Academy of Education offers postdoctoral fellowships program for full-time over one year or half-time over two years. Fellowships are provided in the field of education research. Up to twenty five postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2015-16. Fellows will receive $55,000 for one academic year of research, or $27,500 for each of two contiguous years, working half-time. To be eligible for this fellowships applicants must have received their PhD, EdD or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2012- this time frame is accurate for the 2014 program. Fellows may elect to take the fellowship full-time over one year or half-time over two years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Deadline: November 7, 2014
Funded By: National Academy of Education
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 National Academy of Education is targeted for International (Non-US citizens) students
‣ Award No: Up to twenty-five postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2015.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellows may elect to take the fellowship full-time over one year or half-time over two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive $55,000 for one academic year of research, or $27,500 for each of two contiguous years, working half-time. -The terms of the fellowship provide for no institutional support, i.e., overhead or indirect costs -Fellowships must begin during the 2015-2016 academic year. -Fellows take the equivalent of one year’s teaching leave during the fellowship term. -Fellows will be included in professional development retreats with other fellows and NAEd members. -Up to twenty-five postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2015. -Selection will be made by a committee of NAEd members.
‣ The 2015-2016 National Academy of Education /Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship supports early career scholars working in critical areas of education research.
‣ This nonresidential postdoctoral fellowship funds proposals that make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education.
‣ The program also develops the careers of its recipients through professional development activities involving National Academy of Education (NAEd) members.
‣ Applicants must have received their PhD, EdD, or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2009, and December 31, 2013.
‣ Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship. Group applications will not be accepted.
‣ The proposed project must be a research project.
‣ Applicants may not be employees of the Spencer Foundation or the National Academy of Education.
‣ Complete and eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of members of the National Academy of Education.
‣ Forty to fifty semifinalists will be selected and notified of their status in March 2015. Semifinalist applications will be reviewed by two additional NAEd members and finalists will be notified of the award in May 2015.
‣ Awardees for the 2015 program will be notified in May 2015.
‣ Applicants can apply through Application Components:
‣ Application form;
‣ Abstract of proposed research project;
‣ Project description;
‣ Career history;
‣ Example of past research relevant to education
‣ Curriculum vitae/resume;
‣ Reference letters
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 7, 2014
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.