2015-2016 MMMF grants for Women of Developing Countries in USA/ Canada , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2015. Applications are invited for MMMF grants available for women applicants of developing countries to pursue their degree in the USA and Canada. Applicants must enrolled (in residence) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant. An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year. Therefore, applicants need to access other financial resources. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA / Canada
Level: Grant is available towards the completion of the degree program in Canada and USA
Field(s): Grant is awarded to study any courses offered by the U.S. or Canadian educational institution
Deadline: January 15, 2015.
Funded By: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 MMMF Grants are targeted for Students from developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso ,Haiti , Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic , Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros , Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe , Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon , Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga,
El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, , Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon , Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia , Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) who are currently studying in the USA or Canada are eligible for this grant.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: An MMMF grant is awarded for an academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers: An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year.
‣ The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) awards grants to women from developing and middle-income countries to further their education and strengthen the professional and leadership skills they need to improve the lives of women and children.
‣ Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at accredited universities in the US or Canada.
A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from US/Canadian universities must meet all of the following criteria:
‣ Has a record of service (paid and/or volunteer) to women and children in the developing world.
‣ Demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in the developing world through field of study and/or topic of research.
‣ Plan to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing her degree and intends to work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
‣ Demonstrates financial need by providing relevant financial information.
‣ Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
‣ Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country and residing in the United States or Canada. United States citizens or permanent residents (green card holders, Canadian citizens or Canadian landed immigrants are not eligible.
‣ Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
‣ Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
‣ Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse.
‣ Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
Notification for 2015-2016 MMMF Grants
‣ Only the finalists are contacted for a telephone interview after two to three months following the closing date. Unsuccessful applicants are not contacted.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.