2015-2016 Masters Scholarships in Risk and Emergency Management (REM) in Italy , and applications are submitted till May 18, 2015. UME Graduate School is offering Masters Scholarships in risk and emergency management. A number of scholarships and/or tuition waivers will be awarded for the highest-ranking applicants. The minimum requirement to apply for the REM Programme is a University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar. Professional experience in risk assessment, mitigation or management will be favorably evaluated. The participating costs of the 18-month Masters Programme are 9,000 Euro. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level: master degree programme.
Field(s): Risk and Emergency Management (REM) programme.
Deadline: May 18, 2015
Funded By: UME Graduate School, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Masters Scholarships in Risk and Emergency Management is targeted for International and local students can apply for these masters scholarships.
‣ Award No: A number of masters scholarships and/or tuition waivers are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for 18-month masters programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: A number of scholarships and/or tuition waivers are available for the highest-ranking applicants.
‣ The 4th edition of the new Masters Programme in Risk and Emergency Management (REM) is being offered by the Understanding and Managing Extremes (UME) Graduate School of the IUSS Pavia to train graduates and professionals in the assessment, mitigation and management of extreme events, with a particular focus on those arising from natural hazards.
‣ The unique characteristics of the programme include the broad, interdisciplinary curriculum that includes topics of statistics and probability, law, economics, resource management, natural hazards and risk, finance, insurance, sociology, communication, psychology, public health and medicine, and the innovative teaching structure which allows renowned lecturers from around the world to make up the teaching body.
‣ The minimum requirement to apply for the REM Programme is a University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar. Professional experience in risk assessment, mitigation or management will be favourably evaluated.
‣ Admission to the programme depends on academic qualifications, past professional experience, reference letters and English proficiency, all of which should be included in the online submission procedure.
‣ Within four weeks of the submission deadline, all applications will be reviewed and assessed by the REM Programme Assessment Board, and the list of successful candidates will be posted within June, 2015 on the IUSS Online Board.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested applicants are asked to register with the IUSS online application system.
‣ In order to complete the application form you must upload the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 18, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.