2015-2016 Leeds International Research Scholarships(LIRS) in UK , and applications are submitted till 19 January 2015. Applications are invited for Leeds International Research Scholarships (LIRS) to commence PhD research study in any Faculty , from October 2015. These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate. The awards cover the full cost of international fees and provide a maintenance grant of £10,000/year. The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Leeds | UK
Level: PhD research
Field(s): any Faculty at the University of Leeds
Deadline: 19 January 2015.
Funded By: University of Leeds, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Leeds International Research Scholarships are targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Up to 9 Leeds International Research Scholarships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
‣ Scholarship covers: The award will cover full international fees and a maintenance grant of £10,000 per annum for the duration of the scholarship. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
‣ 2015-2016 Leeds International Research Scholarships are available for high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study from Session 2015-2016 for study in any Faculty at the University of Leeds.
‣ 9 Leeds International Research Scholarships (LIRS) Round 1 are available for high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study from October 2015.
‣ The awards cover the full cost of international fees and provide a maintenance grant of £10,000/year.
‣ The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
‣ Applicants must normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the ‘best of the best’ (eg, successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5% of their MSc/MA and BSC/BA cohorts and already in receipt of prizes at national or international level).
‣ Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study.
‣ Examples of equivalent degrees to a UK First Class Honours Degree are given below – these are only given as a guideline and further guidance should be sought from the relevant School;
‣ Applicants whose first language is not English must have already met the University’s English Language requirements by 19 January 2015 or be a current undergraduate student in their final year or a current postgraduate student at a University in an English speaking country.
‣ Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is normally no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
‣ These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification;
‣ LIRS scholarships should not normally be held concurrently with other Scholarships which provide duplicate funding.
‣ Successful LIRS award holders may, if they are able to obtain additional funding, hold a bursary which pays travel/accommodation costs etc for UK/overseas fieldwork visits and attendance at conferences.
Notification for 2015-2016 Leeds International Research Scholarships
‣ Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of March 2015.
‣ The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
‣ Applicants must first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a Student ID Number to be eligible for a Leeds International Research Scholarship.
‣ Applications without a valid Student ID Number will be rejected.
‣ Applicants must complete all sections of the University Postgraduate Research Scholarships application form, with strict observation of any word limits.
‣ Please do not include any other documents with the form, such as transcripts or CVs, as they will be disregarded.
‣ The completed form (must be typed) should be returned in either Word or pdf format by email to pg_scholarships-at-leeds.ac.uk.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 19 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.