2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship, and applications are submitted till 21st August. Applications are invited for Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan. This scholarship is awarded to young customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country. Scholarships holders under this programme will enroll for the Master’s Degree programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme. This scholarship covers travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s):Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship holders under this programme will enroll for the Master’s Degree programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the AGU
Deadline: Application deadline is 21st August, 2015 for getting an ID and password and last date for receipt of the Application Forms is 28th August 2015.
Funded By:The WCO established the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme), funded by Japan Customs.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship is targeted for Citizens of Developing member of the WCO are eligible to apply. South America, North America, Central America and the Caribbean: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominican Republic , Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela, Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, European Union, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, East and Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, North of Africa, Near and Middle East: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United
Arab Emirates and Yemen, West and Central Africa: Benin, Burkina Fas, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, (Republic of the) Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo and East, South and South East Asia, Australasia and the Pacific Islands: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Macau, China, Malaysia, Maldives ,Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Union of Myanmar, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
‣ Award No: The maximum number of students for the SMIPRP course is approximately 10.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This 2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship is for one academic year starting from April. There will be a preparatory course in March 2015 for a few weeks before the start of the Programme. The Scholarship period cannot be extended.
‣ Scholarship covers: A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.*
Admission and tuition fees are paid by the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Program.**
Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan is provided.
*The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2015).
**The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 900,000 yen (as of 2015).
‣ The 2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from developing countries to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
‣ Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
‣ After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least. After half a year and 3 years from the completion of the Programme, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
‣ A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2016.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship
‣ Academic record and intellectual distinction;
‣ Personal characteristics;
‣ Motivation to study on the SMIPRP;
‣ Evidence of leadership;
‣Potential for individual career development;
‣ Work experience
Notification for 2015-2016 Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship
‣ After reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee for the SMIPRP will request an interview for selected applicants (i.e. those applicants who have successfully passed the documentary examination).
‣ Those who are selected will receive the notification and scheduling information on the interview via email. Interviews are conducted via Skype.
‣ If you are invited for an interview, you should be online and prepared to receive our call at the day and time scheduled by the Admissions Committee.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The AGU requests online registration for admissions for the 2015-2016 Scholarship Programme.
‣ ID and Password to download the application forms will be obtained by submitting the Registration Form on the Website by 21st August 2014.
‣ The original set of Application Forms with all supporting materials should be completed and returned by post with the envelope marked, “Application for the WCO Scholarship”.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Application deadline is 21st August, 2015 for getting an ID and password and last date for receipt of the Application Forms is 28th August 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.