2015-2016 Full Scholarships for Kennedy-Lugar YES Study Abroad Program, and applications are submitted till January 7, 2015. Applications are invited for Kennedy-Lugar YES Study Abroad Program available for American high school students and recent graduates to study for one academic year abroad. The program offers 65 full scholarships in countries with significant Muslim populations. Participants live with a host family, attend a local high school, acquire leadership skills and engage in activities to learn about the host country’s society and values; they also help educate others about American society and values. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Philippines, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, Egypt and Tunisi
Level: High school students and recent graduates to study for one academic year abroad
Field(s): YES Abroad students serve as “youth ambassadors” of the United States, promoting mutual understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host families and communities.
Deadline: January 7, 2015.
Funded By: U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Full Scholarships for Kennedy-Lugar YES Study is targeted to Citizens of US
‣ Award No: The program offers 65 full scholarships to American students nationwide.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Full scholarships are awarded to study for one academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The YES Abroad scholarship covers costs related to: room and board for the In-Person Selection Event (for semi-finalists); round-trip airfare, room and board for the Pre-Departure Orientation; round-trip airfare between the participant’s home region and community abroad; in-country support; cultural activities; school tuition (where applicable); room and board with a host family; secondary medical benefits; visa fees; and a modest stipend.
‣ The 2015-2016 Full Scholarships for Kennedy-Lugar YES Study is a cultural exchange between the U.S. and countries with significant Muslim populations.
‣ YES Abroad participants serve as “youth ambassadors” in their host communities, promoting mutual understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host families and friends.
‣ At the forefront of citizen diplomacy, participants will develop the skills necessary to be a leader in the global community.
‣ U.S. Citizen
‣ 15-18.5 years of age at start of program (birthdate between March 5, 1997 and June 29, 2000)
‣ Enrolled in high school (including home school)
‣ For the following countries, prior French skills are required: Morocco
‣ Applications must be submitted via online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 7, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.