2015-2016 FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme (FCFP) For International Researchers in Germany , and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014. The University of Freiburg is offering FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme (FCFP) to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research for working on their own research project at FRIAS. Selected applicants are offered an External Senior (3 to 12 months) or a Junior Fellowship (12 months or up to 24 months) at FRIAS with all the corresponding rights and obligations for the duration of the fellowship. Fellowships will be awarded for the period between September 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016 (2017). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Research Project
Field(s): Under the FCFP, incoming fellows are placed within the strongest and most competitive research areas of the University of Freiburg. They are free to pursue their own research projects and are given the means to really push forward with their ideas.
Deadline: October 15, 2014
Funded By: The FCFP is co-financed by the European Union through the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) “Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Action, People, Co-funding of regional, national and international programs (COFUND)” and the state of Baden-Wurttemberg.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme is targeted for Researchers of all nationalities
‣ Award No: 20 FCFP fellowships are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships of 3 to 12 months in the senior scheme and 12 or 24 months for junior scheme.
‣ Scholarship covers: Successful applicants will become FRIAS fellows with all the corresponding rights and obligations for the requested funding period. Each fellow will receive a mobility allowance and a research cost contribution (theoretical sciences: up to 450 € per month, experimental sciences: up to 1.050 € per month). Fellows without a work contract at their home institution will obtain an internationally attractive salary (Junior: E 13 TV-L, Senior: W3-equivalent professorial salary, more flexible regulations apply for applicants with continued work contracts at their home institution). A mentoring program is put in place for each Junior Fellow in her/his career development. Since one of the aims of FRIAS is to foster cross-disciplinary communication, full-time presence at FRIAS is mandatory.
‣ The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is the University of Freiburg’s international research college.
‣ The Institute supports innovative research projects through individual 2015-2016 FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme. It is at the centre of a very active research community and has since its creation in 2008 acquired an international reputation for academic excellence.
‣ According to the EU mobility rule, applicants may not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) or have had their main residence in Germany for more than a total of 12 months during the 3-year period prior to the application deadline; compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
‣ Returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry, or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are especially encouraged to apply.
‣ Applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree at the time of the application deadline;
‣ Junior scheme: completed PhD plus initial – one to six years – post-doctoral experience (Time off for family or medical reasons or non-academic professional activities may be added to the six years.)
‣ Senior scheme: completed PhD plus a minimum of six years post-doctoral research experience
‣ The determining selection criteria in the merit-based, internationally oriented, peer-review selection procedure are the academic excellence of both the applicant and the project proposal.
‣ A personal qualification with regard to international expertise, leadership skills and interdisciplinary interest is also taken into account during the evaluation of the applications.
‣ A thematic proximity between the project and the research profile of the University of Freiburg is expected to guarantee an added value for conducting research within the FCFP.
Notification: Selected fellows will be notified in March 2015.
‣ All required documents should be in pdf format. After submission of the documents applicants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.