2015-2016 Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Programme in Finland , and applications are submitted till mid-February. Applications are invited for Finnish Government Scholarship Pool to undertake 3-9 months for doctoral level studies and research at Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or postdoctoral studies/research. The scholarships include a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. Applications should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The annual deadline set by CIMO for the nomination of scholarship candidates by the national authorities is in mid-February. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Finland
Level: Scholarships are available for 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes.
Field(s): all academic fields.
Funded By: Finnish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Finnish Government Scholarship is targeted for the students of Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and USA.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/
research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant. You may wish to keep in mind that the Finnish academic year starts in late August/early September and ends in late May (check the exact dates with the Finnish university you’re interested in). However, in your application you may also specify your scholarship period to start later than September - as long as your scholarship period begins within the academic year that you’ve applied the scholarship for.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2015-2016 Finnish Government Scholarship includes a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only. Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland. Please see the section ‘Before your arrival’ for information on the practicalities of coming to Finland as an international student/researcher.
‣ The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
‣ The 2015-2016 Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields.
‣ The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
‣ In order to be an eligible applicant for this scholarship, you must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student.
‣ have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’);
‣ have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project ;
‣ have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying -intend to pursue post;
‣ Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland;
‣ priority will be given to doctoral studies -not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland;
‣ be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
‣ be a national of one of the eligible countries listed below (*) this means that the application must include some proof of the applicant’s language skills – CIMO does not require you to take an IELTS or TOEFL test, but if you have such official proof of your English skills that can of course be enclosed in the application.
‣ Usually however it is enough if, for example, the letter of invitation from the hosting Finnish university states that your language skills have been deemed sufficient by the Finnish university.
Notification for 2015-2016 Finnish Government Scholarship
‣ CIMO will inform both successful and unsuccessful candidates of the results by June annually.
‣ If you are among the scholarship candidates selected by the appropriate contact authorities in your home country (in other words, if your scholarship application has been forwarded to CIMO) but you have not for some reason received a decision letter from CIMOby mid-June, please contact the CIMO.
‣ Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country.
‣ The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool.
‣ The announcements for the opening of the annual application round are usually sent out from CIMO at the end of September annually.
‣ The applicants may then contact the scholarship authorities in their home country for information on the national deadline for submitting the application documents.
‣ Documents required for an application:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The annual deadline set by CIMO for the nomination of scholarship candidates by the national authorities is in mid-February (2015: 16 February).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.