2015-2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme for International Researchers, and applications are submitted till June 5, 2014. The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) is offering 44 international fellowships (22 junior and 22 senior positions) in Humanities and Social sciences. The Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in one of the 16 participating Institutes. All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (in the range of €26,000 for a junior fellow and €38,000 for a senior fellow), accommodation (or a mobility allowance), a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bologna (Italy), Delmenhorst, Freiburg and Berlin (Germany), Cambridge, Edinburgh (UK), Budapest (Hungary), Marseille, Lyon, Paris (France), Jerusalem (Israel), Helsinki (Finland), Zürich (Switzerland), Wassenaar (Netherlands),Vienna (Austria), Uppsala (Sweden) (except an institute located in his/her country of residence).
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): Humanities and social sciences but may also be granted to scholars in life and exact sciences, provided that their proposed research project does not require laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with humanities and social sciences.
Deadline: June 5, 2014.
Funded By: The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme is available for worldwide scholars.
‣ Award No: For the 2015-2016 academic years, EURIAS offers 44 fellowships (22 junior and 22 senior positions).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The EURIAS Fellowship Programme offers two types of 10-month fellowships according to research experience: junior and senior.
‣ Scholarship covers: All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (in the range of € 26,000 for a junior fellow and € 38,000 for a senior fellow), accommodation (or a mobility allowance), a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses.
‣ The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS), 2015-2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in one of the 16 participating Institutes: Berlin, Bologna, Budapest, Cambridge, Delmenhorst, Edinburgh, Freiburg, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Uppsala, Vienna, Wassenaar, Zürich.
‣ The Institutes for Advanced Study support the focused, self-directed work of outstanding researchers.
‣ The fellows benefit from the finest intellectual and research conditions and from the stimulating environment of a multi-disciplinary and international community of first-rate scholars.
‣ Degree At the time of the application, researchers must be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree.
‣ Exception is made for Law scholars who are eligible with a Master +6 years of full-time research experience after the degree. (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience).
‣ Nationality Researchers from all countries are eligible to the programme but applicants cannot apply to an institute located in their country of nationality or residence.
‣ Exception is made for applicants who have not spent more than 12 months in their country of nationality or residence during the last 3 years prior to the application.
‣ Disciplines: The programme is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
‣ It also welcomes applications from the arts, life and exact sciences provided that:
‣ The selection of applicants who are eligible for a fellowship is competitive, merit-based and conducted through an internationally independent and recognized peer review process.
‣ It meets the highly demanding excellence standards of the participating Institutes for Advanced Study.
‣ The 2015-2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme undertakes a detailed qualitative assessment according to the following criteria:
‣ Results of the pre selection by EURIAS Scientific Committee will be announced in Mid-November, 2014 and Publication of IAS final selections will be in Mid-January, 2015.
‣ In order to provide evaluators with relevant information to perform their work efficiently, 2015-2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme applicants have to submit (in English exclusively):
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 5, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...