2015-2016 EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Scholars in Germany , and applications are submitted till 24 April 2015. The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien invites scholars to apply for five postdoctoral fellowships for the research program for the academic year 2015/16. Fellowships are open for international scholars who want to carry out their research projects in connection with the Berlin program. Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 2.500 € plus supplement depending on their personal situation. Organizational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme at research institutions (Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies, FU Berlin, Center for Middle Eastern and North African Politics, Otto Suhr Institute of Political Science, FU Berlin, Corpus Coranicum, Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Zentrum Moderner Orient, Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School of Literary Studies, FU Berlin, Institute for Islamic Studies, FU Berlin, Museum for Islamic Art, Seminar for Semitic and Arabic Studies, FU Berlin, Center for Near and Middle Eastern Studies, Philipps-Universität Marburg).
Field(s): EUME supports and builds upon the following interconnected research fields: Cities Compared: Urban Change in the Mediterranean and Adjacent Regions, Islamic Discourse Contested: Middle Eastern and European Perspectives, Perspectives on the Qur’an: Negotiating Different Views of a Shared History, Travelling Traditions: Comparative Perspectives on Near Eastern Literatures and Tradition and the Critique of Modernity: Secularism, Fundamentalism and Religion from Middle Eastern Perspectives.
Deadline: 24 April 2015.
Funded By: The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Scholars in and outside of Germany
‣ Award No: 5 postdoctoral fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: As a rule, the fellowships start on 1 October 2015 and will end on 31 July 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 2.500 € plus supplement depending on their personal situation. Organisational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided. Fellows are obliged to work in Berlin and to help shape the seminars and working discussions related to their research field. Scholars are also invited to apply with their own funding. The working language of EUME is English.
‣ EUME seeks to rethink key concepts and premises that link and divide Europe and the Middle East.
‣ The 2015-2016 EUME Postdoctoral Fellowships program draws on the international expertise of scholars in and outside of Germany and is embedded in university and extra-university research institutions in Berlin.
‣ It supports historical-critical philology, rigorous engagement with the literatures of the Middle East and their histories, the social history of cities and the study of Middle Eastern political and philosophical thought as central fields of research not only for area or cultural studies, but also for European intellectual history and other academic disciplines. The program explores modernity as a historical space and conceptual frame.
‣ Applicants should be at the postdoctoral level and should have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years. Fellows gain the opportunity to pursue research projects of their own choice within the framework of one of the above-mentioned research fields and in relation to the overall program ‘Europe in the Middle East – the Middle East in Europe’.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application should be submitted by e-mail as three separate word documents or PDF files in English.
‣ An application should be made in explicit relation to one of the research fields and consist of :
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 24 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.