2015-2016 Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme in Humanities , and applications are submitted till 9 or 23 January 2015. University of Oxford is inviting application for Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme funds. Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time graduate degrees in various subjects in Humanities at University of Oxford, UK. Scholarships are open for international students. Scholarships cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Oxford | UK
Level: Graduate Degree Level
Field(s): various subjects in the Humanities at University of Oxford, UK
Deadline: 9 or 23 January 2015.
Funded By: University of Oxford, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Ertegun Graduate Scholarship is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: At least 10 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are made for full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
‣ The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme funds full-time graduate degrees in various subjects in the Humanities. Established in 2012, the programme is supported by the generosity of Mica Ertegun.
‣ The 2015-2016 Ertegun Graduate Scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
‣ Ertegun Scholars also benefit from exclusive use of Ertegun House; a fully modernized, non-residential building, built in 1808, located at the heart of Oxford’s academic community.
‣ You should be applying to start a new full-time graduate course at Oxford.
‣ You must be applying to a course within the following faculties: Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (excluding studio art); History (including history of art and the history of architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; and Theology.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the additional criteria outlined on the Ertegun supporting statement form (see related documents on this page).
‣ Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course (see the Courses page for more information).
‣ This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses.
‣ This scholarship is also not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
Selection criteria for 2015-2016 Ertegun Graduate Scholarship
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Notification: Not Known
‣ In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (9 January 2015 for Philosophy; 23 January 2015 for all other subjects).
‣ You must also complete an Ertegun supporting statement (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline, in order for your application to be complete.
‣ If you do not apply in full by the deadline, you will not be considered for this scholarship, even if you have selected the Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities on the graduate application form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 9 or 23 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.