2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships for International Students in France , and applications are submitted till January 9th, 2015. The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs offers Eiffel scholarships for international students annually. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing a master degree at French host higher education institutions and a PhD through a thesis joint supervision or co-tutorship with a foreign higher education institution partner. The scholarship supports for a maximum duration of 12 months for M2, a maximum of 24 months for M1, maximum duration of 36 months for an engineering science diploma and for a maximum duration of 10 months for PhD program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France
Level: In submitting applications for 2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships program, French host higher education institutions undertake to enroll students in one of the following courses: courses awarding a Master degree and courses awarding a PhD through a thesis joint supervision or co-tutorship with a foreign higher education institution partner.
Field(s): The three major areas of study covered by the Eiffel program are: Engineering sciences at Master level, sciences in a broader sense for PhD level (engineering sciences, exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and bio-technology, earth and environmental sciences, information and communication sciences and technology), Economics and management and Law and political science.
Deadline: January 9th, 2015.
Funded By: The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: For Master: The 2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships are attributed for a maximum duration of 12 months when registering for M2, a maximum of 24 months when registering for M1 and maximum duration of 36 months when registering for an engineering science diploma.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: For Master: The scholarship is attributed for a maximum duration of 12 months when registering for M2, a maximum of 24 months when registering for M1 and maximum duration of 36 months when registering for an engineering science diploma. It is awarded provided that the student fulfils the annual academic requirements of the curriculum. For PhD: The Eiffel scholarship is attributed for a maximum duration of 10 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Eiffel programme does not cover tuition fees, though the higher education centres concerned are invited to apply the best possible financial conditions to Eiffel scholarship-holders. -Enrolment fees at state-run higher education centres are waived for students on French government scholarship programmes such as this. Master’s courses : Eiffel scholarship-holders on Master’s courses receive an allowance of €1,181(1 031 EUR of maintenance allowance and 150 EUR of monthly compensation), in addition, the programme meets various expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance. -PhD courses: Eiffel scholarship-holders on PhD courses receive an allowance of €1,400. In addition, the programme meets various expenses including return travel (single return trip for law and political science students on multiple stays), health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance. -Payment: The grant is paid monthly by bank transfer into a French account opened by the grantholder at the start of the course. Bank account details (RIB) shall be notified to Campus France.
‣ The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs launched the 2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships programme in January 1999 to support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives, in a context of mounting competition among developed countries, to attract elite overseas students on master’s, engineering and PhD courses.
‣ Nationality: This program is for candidates of foreign nationality. Binational candidates, one of which nationality is French, are not eligible.
‣ Age: for programs leading to a master’s degree level, applicants must be at most 30 years old at the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 07/03/1983; for PhD applicants, candidates must be aged at most 35 years old on the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 03.07.1978.
‣ Origin of applications: Only applications sent by the French institutions are admissible. The latter undertake to enroll laureates in the training for which they were selected. Applications sent by other means are not receivable. In addition, a candidate nominated by more than one institution will see his application rejected.
‣ The training involved: Eligible candidates are likely to incorporate a training course of master level attested by a diploma, including engineering school, and PhD candidates. The French trainings relocated abroad are not affected, fellows, non doctoral, having to perform at least 75% of their studies in France.
‣ Concurrent scholarships: Foreign students already receiving a scholarship from the French government for another program at the time of filing the application are not eligible, even if it is a scholarship that supports social coverage.
‣ Eiffel doctoral Scholarship: an applicant who has already received an Eiffel scholarship under his PhD may not represent his candidacy again.
‣ Eiffel master Scholarship: a candidate whose folder was not selected may not represent its application in the following years, even if they change their field of study.
‣ Language level: institutions that screen non-francophone candidates must ensure that their language level is in line with the level required by the training course. Eventually, students currently studying abroad are given priority over those already residing in France
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships
‣ The selection is made by a committee composed of three colleges of experts (one for each field of study).
‣ The members of these colleges are not allowed to assess applications submitted by institutions to which they are linked institutionally.
‣ The selection criteria for 2015-2016 Eiffel Scholarships are:
‣ Results will be announced in the week of March 23th, 2015.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 9th, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.