2015-2016 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants at Free University of Berlin in Germany , and applications are submitted till 13 March 2015. The Dahlem Research School is inviting applications for 20 Postdoctoral Fellowships to conduct research project at Free University of Berlin. Each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months starting in November 2015. The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who hold a doctoral degree. Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility are specifically encouraged to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Fellowships are awarded for postdoctoral candidates to pursue research at the Free University of Berlin.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the research fields/ key topics (Humanities and Social Sciences and Natural and Life Sciences) of the participating Excellence Projects or Focus Areas at the Free University of Berlin.
Deadline: 13 March 2015.
Funded By: The Dahlem Research School’s Postdoc Fellowship Program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships is targeted for applicants of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Dahlem Research School offers 20 incoming postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Starting in November 2015, each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ The Dahlem Research School’s Postdoc Fellowship Program-co-financed by the German Excellence
‣ Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission–provides funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Free University of Berlin.
‣ The aim of 2015-2016 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships is to support highly-qualified postdoctoral researchers who are outstanding in their field and to integrate them into one of the university’s research groups in an early phase of their career.
‣ The program is designed to promote further the academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills.
‣ The program furthermore provides essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals to support DRS fellows in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at the Freie Universität Berlin.
‣ hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline)
‣ completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline (starting with the date on the doctoral certificate)
‣ have not lived in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months before the deadline
‣ Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships
Fellows are selected in a four-step procedure:
‣ Feasibility screening
‣ International peer review
‣ Structured interviews
‣ Approval by the university’s Executive Board
‣ Each phase must be passed successfully to proceed to the next. Candidates will receive an identification code which will allow anonymized results of each selection phase to be published on a secure website.
‣ After completion of each phase, applicants will be notified by e-mail each time new results are announced. Final Decision and notification of successful candidates will be in August.
‣ To apply, please register with the DRS online application platform. Once registered, please fill out the online application form and upload all required documents.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 13 March 2015. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.