2015-2016 DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students in South Africa , and applications are submitted till 31 July 2015 and 31 December 2015 (for MA in Development Management programme). Development Research Division (DRD) of the African Excellence Centre at UWC is offering scholarships for Sub-Saharan African students. Scholarships are offered to study the following courses: MA in Development Studies,master in Public Administration, MA in Development Management and the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC). Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UWC in Cape Town | South Africa
Level: master’s and PhD degree at UWC in Cape Town.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study the following courses: MA in Development Studies, Master in Public Administration, MA in Development Management and the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC).
Funded By: Development Research Division of the African Excellence Centre at UWC in Cape Town, South Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 DRD Scholarships are targeted for Students of Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo
(Brazzaville), Congo DRC (Zaire), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissaau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these DRD scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: Limited number of DAAD merit scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates
‣ For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year.
‣ The information is available from the respective programmes sections.In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 DRD Scholarships
‣ These DRD scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
‣ Applicants will be informed about their applications beginning of September 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates will have to fill in an electronic application form (Only available from 22nd April 31th July)!
‣ Applications not using this e-form can´t be considered! As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
‣ Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : 31 July 2015 and 31 December 2015 (for MA in Development Management programme).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.