2015-2016 CPJ Public Justice Internship In Canada , and applications are submitted till March 15, 2015. Applications are invited for Public Justice Internship for the year 2015-2016. CPJ offers this paid , year-long, Public Justice Internship on an on-going basis. Applicants must demonstrate interest in public justice framing of public policy and also demonstrated research (web and library based) skills and developing skills in policy analysis. Interns will receive a stipend of $30,900. CPJ focuses on many public justice issues, including, but not limited to, poverty in Canada, ecological justice and welcoming newcomers. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Field(s): The intern assists senior staff and is actively engaged in a variety of work, including research, policy analysis, framing public policy options, presenting to Parliament, meeting with MPs and political staff, as well as engaging the media, leaders in society, CPJ members and the Canadian public.
Deadline: March 15, 2015.
Funded By: Citizens for Public Justice
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 CPJ Public Justice Internship is targeted for Students of Canada
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This is a Full-time internship based in Ottawa, for one year from September 2015 to August 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Yes, interns will receive a stipend of $30,900.
‣ Are you passionate about social justice issues? Are you looking for a chance to apply your university education to pressing issues and current questions? Each year, CPJ’s Public Justice Internship Program provides a recent graduate with the opportunity to explore the meaning of public justice and learn to frame current political issues in this context.
‣ Through writing articles, researching policies and engaging in dialogue with senior policy staff, the intern will become better equipped to challenge issues of injustice in Canada.
‣ Demonstrated interest in public justice framing of public policy.
‣ Demonstrated research (web and library based) skills and developing skills in policy analysis.
‣ Good communicator – written, oral, and interactive skills.
‣ Good organizational skills.
‣ Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, economics, social work, public policy, public administration.)
‣ Appropriate computer skills.
‣ English/French bilingual ability will be an asset.
‣ Eligible to work in Canada.
‣ Decisions will be made before Easter, 2015.
‣ Applications must submitted via e-mail.
‣ Internship Applications are due on March 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.