2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships Program for Developing Countries in Belgium , and applications are submitted till 11 February 2015 at the latest ( we do not take account of the postmark. we take into account that the files arrived in our office by the deadline at the latest ). The University Commission for Development offers 150 CIUF-CUD scholarships for Developing Countries in Belgium. Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium. Application deadline is 11 February 2015 at the latest ( we do not take account of the postmark. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Belgium
Level: Masters and Training Programmes
Field(s): Cud scholarships are provided in the fields of Advanced Master in aquaculture, Advanced Master in Transportation Management, Advanced Master in Public Health – Health policy and development, Advanced Master in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries, Advanced Master in management of animal and plant resources in tropical areas, Advanced Master in Natural Hazards Management, Advanced Master in Food Science and Technology, Advanced Master in Transfusion Medicine, European Microfinance Program, Advanced Master in protecting tropical and subtropical, Advanced Master in International and Development Economics, Advanced Master in Development, Environment and Communities and Advanced Master in Public Health Methodology
Deadline: 11 February 2015 at the latest ( we do not take account of the postmark. we take into account that the files arrived in our office by the deadline at the latest ).
Funded By: The University Commission for Development
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships are the students of South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: ARES grants 150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Not Known
‣ Within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation, the Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the preparation of Postgraduate Programmes (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing countries.
‣ International Courses and Training Programmes are part of the global study programmes of the Higher Education Institutions.
‣ 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships are open to all students who satisfy the conditions of qualification, but aim at proposing training units that distinguish themselves by their openness towards specific development issues.
‣ Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
‣ At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
‣ Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
‣ 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies.
‣ Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
‣ 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
‣ Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships
During the selection process between admissible files, ARES will take account of the following criteria:
‣ The academic curriculum
‣ The benefit of previous scholarships
‣ Professional experience
‣ Membership of a partner institution
‣ The commitment of the candidate to development activities
‣ Nationality -Gender equality -Perspectives of future reinstatement
‣ All successful applicants and reserve will receive an email after selections (June 2015). Unsuccessful applicants will receive an email by the end of June 2015.
‣ 2015-2016 CIUF-CUD Scholarships Applicants must not first obtain admission to one of the French-speaking universities of Belgium in order to apply for grants from ARES. No treatment will be given to files that:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Application deadline is 11 February 2015 at the latest ( we do not take account of the postmark. we take into account that the files arrived in our office by the deadline at the latest ). Before January 12, 2015 for the following courses:
‣ training course on the use of ICT in Academic Libraries
‣ methodological training in support of innovation in family farming
‣ training environment and sustainable management of mineral resources
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.