2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries , and applications are submitted till April 30, 2015. Ministry of Education of P. R. China offers Chinese government scholarship for the students of EU member countries. This program supports undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs. All the undergraduate programs, most graduate programs and most non-degree programs are instructed in Chinese. Certain universities offer English-taught programs for postgraduates, general scholars and senior scholars. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Chinese HEIs | China
Level: undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs.
Field(s): courses offered by the Chinese HEIs.
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Funded By: Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries is targeted for Students of EU member countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,
Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: undergraduate: 4-7 ; Master’s program: 2-5 ; Doctoral programs: 3-6 ; General scholar programs: Up to 2; Senior scholar programs: Up to 2
‣ Scholarship covers: This 2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries are full scholarship which covers
‣ Chinese Government Scholarship—EU Program ( 2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries ) is a full scholarship established by MOE for candidates from EU member countries.
‣ This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
‣ Undergraduate scholarship winners must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
‣ be a citizen of an EU member country, and be in good health.
‣ be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
‣ be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
‣ be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
Notification for 2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries
‣ Application documents of recommended candidates from the EU office will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification.
‣ Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Candidates who are turned down by universities will not be granted with the scholarship. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to the EU office before July 31st.
‣ Each scholarship winner will be granted with no more than one scholarship. The EU office will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship winners.
‣ Apply to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union (referred to as the EU office) for CGS opportunity.
‣ It is your own responsibility to consult the EU office for details and requirements and make sure you are eligible for the 2015-2016 Chinese Government Scholarship for EU Member Countries .
‣ Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).
‣ Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.
‣ Submit all your application documents to the EU office before the deadline.
‣ Only applications of recommended candidates from the EU office will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered.
‣ Candidates holding Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 30, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.