2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships , and applications are submitted till 2nd October 2014. Applications are invited for postdoctoral research scholarships available for new researchers who obtained their doctorate and who wish to begin or pursue their postdoctoral research. Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and be domiciled in Québec for at least 6 months. The postdoctoral research must be carried out in an institution other than one from which the doctorate was earned. Internationally-recognized research environments located outside Quebec are preferred. The minimum duration of postdoctoral research is six months and the maximum 24 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | The postdoctoral research must be carried out in an institution other than one from which the doctorate was earned. Internationally-recognized research environments located outside Quebec are preferred. However, applicants who are not Canadian citizens may not apply for funding to carry out studies or training outside Canada
Level: Postdoctoral Research Programme
Field(s): 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines. All research projects involving human subjects; biological materials; administrative, scientific or descriptive data from human subjects; animals or animal parts, products or tissues require the approval of the research ethics board of the principal applicant’s institution (Common Rules and Regulations, section 5.3).
Deadline: 2nd October 2014.
Funded By: Research Fund of Quebec - Nature and technology (FRQNT)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships are targeted for
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent
resident of Canada and be domiciled in Quebec for at least six
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The minimum duration of postdoctoral research is six months and the maximum 24 months. The applicant may receive up to six payments during his/her eligibility period (24 months). Each payment covers a four-month period (one session).
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum annual value of postdoctoral research scholarships is $35 000. Scholarship holders whose postdoctoral research is conducted abroad and who have obtained formal assurance of a future position in a research center or a university in Quebec upon completion of postdoctoral training may receive an increase of up to 50% of the scholarship to cover the cost of living. To obtain this supplement, scholarship holders must, at the time of the presentation of the application, include in their supporting documents a letter from the director of the research center or the head of the department confirming that they have been hired.
‣ The objective of the 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships program is to foster up-and coming researchers working in various research environments, by helping new doctorate holders to broaden their field of research.
‣ These scholarships also seek to encourage the mobility of researchers toward scientifically stimulating and dynamic environments.
‣ These environments may be universities, industries, government agencies and university affiliated institutions.
‣ Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27).
‣ 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada must demonstrate, at the time of submission of their application, that they have obtained a Québec Selection Certificate and that a permanent resident application has been submitted to the appropriate authorities.
‣ However, to receive the scholarship, the applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and be domiciled in Québec for at least one year. Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada are required to confirm citizenship or resident status before financial support can begin.
‣ If the applicant is unable to obtain citizenship or resident status before March 1 of the year following the offer of financial support, the scholarship will be cancelled; -Be domiciled in Québec for at least six months.
‣ The FRQNT reserves the right to verify that this condition has been met; -Be resident of Québec within the meaning of Article 5 of the Health Insurance Act (CQLR, c. A-29) and the Regulation respecting eligibility and registration of persons in respect of the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec. (CQLR, c. A-29 and CQLR, c. A-29, r. 2).
‣ Persons who maintain their Quebec resident status within the meaning of the Quebec Health Insurance Act in particular those living outside Quebec solely for the purpose of continuing their studies, are deemed to be living in Quebec. 3).
‣ Persons who do not maintain their Quebec resident status and who have been living outside Quebec for fewer than two years after having, for at least five years, been domiciled in Quebec and having been residents within the meaning the Quebec Health Insurance Act are exempt from residence requirements. 3).
‣ Scholarship holders must meet citizenship and residence requirements within the meaning of the Quebec Health Insurance Act.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships
‣ Candidates are evaluated and ranked on merit by the evaluation committees. Scholarships are offered according to the available budget.
‣ When allocating its budget, the FRQNT reserves the right to change its scholarships in keeping with objectives chosen by the Board of Directors.
‣ The applications will be assessed based on the following criteria and weighting:
‣ By the end of April, the FRQNT transmits its decision to candidates through their e-file. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their address is updated.
‣ 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships Candidates are informed of the classification of their file and may then print the letter of decision.
‣ The candidate must accept or decline the scholarship within ten (10) days of receiving the scholarship notification.
‣ After this deadline, candidates are deemed to have declined the scholarship.
‣ All of the e-forms must be filled out and sent in by the competition deadline on October 2nd 2014, 4 p.m.
‣ A 2015-2016 Canadian Government Postdoctoral Research Scholarships candidate must have a personal identification number (PIN) in order to fill out the form.
‣ The form is available on the Web site of the FRQNT. It must be filled out and sent electronically by the competition deadline.
‣ Once it has been completed, the form may be printed and saved by the applicant.
‣ Forms may be completed in English or French. Candidates who submit the form in English must provide a French title for their project.
‣ Two letters of reference are required. The e-forms for the letter (on-line or in PDF format) are available at the Fonds Web site.
‣ The on-line form can be sent to the Fonds electronically from the referee’s personal file. However, candidates must provide their referees with their application number and personal identification number (PIN) so that the letters of recommendation can be sent from their personal file.
‣ A PDF version of this form is also available for referees who have no personal electronic file.
‣ The letter in PDF format must be filled out, signed and sent directly by e-mail at bourses.nt-at-frq.gouv.qc.ca.
‣ The postdoctoral research supervisor’s letter of acceptance form (online or PDF) is available on the Web site of the FRQNT.
‣ The online form may be sent electronically to the FRQNT from the supervisor’s personal file with applicant’s application and personal identification numbers.
‣ The form is also available in PDF format for supervisors who do not have a personal e-file. The letter of acceptance in PDF format must be filled out, signed and sent directly by e-mail at bourses.nt-at-frq.gouv.qc.ca.
‣ The applicant must fill out and send in the Canadian Common CV e-form.
Important Note: From now on, the Fonds will be using the new Canadian Common CV and will also require that everyone who provides a CV enclose a PDF file detailing contributions (in Votre dossier).
‣ Please read the documents entitled Preparing a CV for the Fonds and Formatting standards for Contributions – Details in Votre dossier (your e-file).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 2nd October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.