2015-2016 Buchanan Fellowship at Middle Tennessee State University in USA, and applications are submitted till December 1. Applications are invited for undergraduate fellowship available for an entering student in the Honors College at Middle Tennessee State University. Each year twenty (20) applicants are chosen to become Buchanan Fellows. Fellows will receive a host of special benefits including a full tuition waiver guaranteed for four years, special seminars, priority registration, a book allowance, priority consideration for study abroad, and much more. Fellowships are automatically renewed for up to four years provided that the student meets the benchmarks and responsibilities of the award. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Middle Tennessee State University | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): any courses offered by the Middle Tennessee State University,
Deadline: December 1
Funded By: Middle Tennessee State University, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Buchanan Fellowship is targeted for Students of USA
‣ Award No: Each year, twenty (20) applicants are chosen to become Buchanan Fellows.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are automatically renewed for up to four years provided that the student meets the benchmarks and responsibilities of the award.
‣ Scholarship covers: The benefits of being a Buchanan Fellow are numerous. The foremost benefit is a rich, classical education that provides a superior foundation for graduate school or professional school (e.g., medicine, law, theology). The Buchanan Fellowship provides (1) full payment of tuition up to 16 hours and standard fees even if tuition rises in the future; (2) a $1,000 per year book allowance; (3) consideration for study abroad scholarships; (4) access to the resources of the Undergraduate Fellowships Office, which promotes Honors College students and others for prestigious national and international fellowships (such as Fulbright, Rhodes, Truman, Goldwater, etc.); (5) access to special lectures and events sponsored by the Honors College; and (6) support for preparation and admission to graduate or professional schools. This scholarship does not cover room and board. Buchanan Fellowships are automatically renewed for up to four years provided that the student meets the benchmarks and responsibilities of the award.
‣ The 2015-2016 Buchanan Fellowship is the highest award given to an entering student in the Honors College at Middle Tennessee State University.
‣ Each year, twenty (20) applicants are chosen to become Buchanan Fellows.
‣ Students in each class of Buchanan Fellows are similar in ability but diverse in terms of interests, experiences, and professional goals.
‣ Characteristically, they have high aspirations, strong records of scholarship, and evidence special talents, leadership skills, and community-mindedness.
‣ Ideally, each possesses most, if not all, of the virtues espoused by the Honors College: honor, commitment, integrity, discipline, faith, curiosity, character, and creativity.
‣ apply for undergraduate admission to Middle Tennessee;
‣ complete and return the Buchanan application form to the Honors College by December 1 of the year prior to fall enrollment;
‣ have a high school GPA greater than or equal to 3.5;
‣ have a composite ACT greater than or equal to 29 (SAT greater than or equal to 1280);
‣ provide an official transcript of all high school work completed. These are minimal requirements—successful applicants will generally surpass the qualifications required for other MTSU academic scholarships.
‣ MTSU is especially open to applications from people with life experiences such as travel, community service, or special challenges and varied perspectives.
‣ MTSU will notify successful applicants of their acceptance during February or March of the subsequent year.
‣ Applications should be submitted by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 1.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship