2015-2016 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for International and Canadian applicants , and applications are submitted till September 21, 2016. The Government of Canada offers Banting postdoctoral fellowship program for Canadian and foreign citizens. Up to 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time). Fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada or foreign countries
Level: postdoctoral applicants
Deadline: September 21, 2016
Funded By: Government of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Canadian and foreign citizens
‣ No. of awards: 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time).
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are offered for 2 years (nonrenewable).
‣Value of Scholarship : Fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded.
‣ The 2015-2016 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research based growth.
‣ Research excellence and leadership in the research domain–demonstrated capacity for research excellence based on track record to date as defined by the quality of applicant’s research contribution, and demonstrated capacity for leadership in the research domain defined by the sphere of influence achieved to date by the applicant.
‣ Quality of applicant’s proposed research program–examined in terms of the potential of the proposed research program, executed in the proposed institutional environment, to position the applicant for significant impact through a research-intensive career (potential for significant impact).
‣ Institutional commitment and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities: Demonstrated commitment of the institution to support development of the applicant’s research and leadership capacity through institutional support (funding, facilities, equipment, etc.) and professional development; Demonstrated alignment and synergy between the applicant’s research ambitions and the institution’s potential to benefit strategically from engagement with the applicant (alignment with institution’s strategic priorities).
‣ Results will be announced by January 29, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online. Application
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : September 21, 2016 is the deadline for complete application submission. The applicants seek endorsement from the host institution to apply, prepare and submit application during April – September.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about 2015-2016 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships