2015-2016 Andalusia Talent Hub Fellowships for International Fellows , and applications are submitted till 14 March 2015. The Andalusian Knowledge Agency is awarding research fellowships available for experienced researchers to carry out research at their chosen destination. Up to 50 fellowships will be awarded for a period of two years through two open calls (30 in the first call and 20 in the second). The program includes outgoing and incoming mobility schemes. Outgoing mobility fellowships available for residents of EU Member States or Associated Countries to work in their selected host institution abroad. Incoming mobility fellowships are open for non-residents of Spain to carry out their research (outgoing fellows are also required to spend a period of between 6 and 12 months) in their selected research institution associated to a Campus of International Excellence in Andalusia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad and Spain
Level: Fellowships are available for experienced researchers to carry out research at their chosen destination.
Field(s): The call is not areas in which the projects are to be defined frame. It is the researcher that freely chooses the subject in collaboration with their host and contracting entities as well as in connection with the European Research Area.
Deadline: 14 March 2015.
Funded By: The Andalusian Knowledge Agency a part of the Regional Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Science and Employment. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 291780″.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-2016 Andalusia Talent Hub Fellowships are targeted for residents of EU Member States or Associated Countries or non-residents of Spain.
‣ Award No: Up to 50 2015-2016 Andalusia Talent Hub Fellowships will be awarded through two open calls (30 in the first call and 20 in the second).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of fellowship is two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowship includes:
– Salary Costs and Social Security Contribution
– A Travel Allowance to cover travel expenses during the outgoing phase.
– A Mobility Allowance to compensate the costs that arise due to the fact of living outside its usual residence.
A Research Cost Contribution includes lab material and other tools required to do the research, travel for field work, acquisition of information from third parties, attendance to events related to the research project, etc.
‣ The 2015-2016 Andalusia Talent Hub Fellowships call will give the opportunity to 50 experienced researchers to carry out their research with complete independence in their chosen destination.
‣ Participants will be able to freely choose their host institution both internationally and among the agents of the Andalusian Knowledge System aggregated in Campus of International Excellence based in Andalusia. The program includes outgoing and incoming mobility schemes:
‣ Outgoing mobility fellowships allow experienced researchers, residents of EU Member States or Associated Countries, to work between 12 and 18 months in their selected host institution abroad, and then spend a period of between 6 and 12 months in their selected research institution associated to a Campus of International Excellence of Andalusia that is registered as Agent of the Andalusian Knowledge System, completing their return phase in the contracting entity.
‣ Incoming mobility fellowships allow experienced researchers, non-residents of Spain, to carry out their research for 24 months based in their selected research institution associated to a Campus of International Excellence in Andalusia that is registered as Agent of the Andalusian Knowledge System, acting as host institution and contracting entity.
‣ Doctorate holder: Hold a PhD degree obtained within 10 years before the deadline of Applications of the Call.
‣ Situations such as temporary disability, maternity leave, adoption or foster care may interrupt and must be credited and demonstrated by providing supporting documentation. These periods entail the corresponding extension in the previous accounting period of time from the date of obtaining the doctorate.
‣ Mobility: At the deadline of Applications of the Call, the candidate must be:
‣ Non-resident of the country where the Research Project will take place, unless being resident in Spain in the frame of a return phase of an outgoing mobility scheme.
‣ Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date
‣ For the outgoing mobility scheme, be resident of EU Member State or Associated Country
‣ Being admitted to a reputed host institution to carry out a research project.
‣ Candidates are responsible for securing a commitment with a contracting entity associated to a Campus of International Excellence of Andalusia that is registered as Agent of the Andalusian Knowledge System to oversee their research activities during the whole 24 months period.
For the incoming mobility scheme, the host institution and contracting entity are the same.
Selection Criteria for 2015-2016 Andalusia Talent Hub Fellowships
‣ The technical evaluation of the proposals will take place in a competitive basis, and in accordance with the principles of disclosure, transparency, merit and ability.
‣ Equal opportunities for all candidates will be ensured.
‣ Applications will be evaluated on a 100 percentage point’s basis, looking at the academic and professional profile of the candidates, appropriateness of the intended destinations, and potential impact of the programme of work, measured by:
‣ Applications should be submitted online.
‣ The Application Form Annex I may be accompanied by:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 14 March 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.