2015-16 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships ( Vanier CGS) program for Canadian and International Students, and applications are submitted till November 2, 2016; 20:00 ET The Government of Canada offers Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for Canadian and international students studying at Canadian universities. Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually for a period of three years. Students must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program. Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Canadian universities | Canada
one of the courses offered by the Canadian universities
November 2, 2016; 20:00 ET.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-16 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are targeted for Canadian and international students
to 167 scholarships are awarded annually. A total of up to 500
scholarships are active at any time.
are awarded for three years.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year.
2015-16 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships ( Vanier CGS)
program was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral
students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in
research and higher learning.
‣ It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
‣ Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
‣ be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
‣ be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
‣ intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
‣ not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2015.
‣ have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
‣ Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR,NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Selection Criteria for 2015-16 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
‣ Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions.
‣ Research potential, as demonstrated by the candidates research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes
‣ .Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability), as defined by the following qualities:
Personal Achievement: Involvement in Academic Life
Volunteerism/community outreach: -Civic engagement: Other
‣ Successful candidates will be notified of the competition results in March 31, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the university by the nominating university’s internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating university) using the ResearchNet application system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 2, 2016; 20:00 ET.
‣ Each Canadian university has an internal deadline date for students to submit their applications. The Canadian university should be contacted for this information.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.