2015-16 OFID Scholarship Award for Developing Countries Students , and applications are submitted till May 8, 2015 for 2015/2016 academic year. OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is funding scholarship for students of developing countries (except OFID Member Countries). Scholarship is awarded for pursuing graduate studies in a development-related discipline. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Worldwide
Level: graduate (master) studies.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in development-related discipline.
Deadline: May 8, 2015 for 2015/2016 academic year.
Funded By: The OPEC Fund for International Development
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015-16 OFID Scholarship Award is targeted for Students of developing country except OFID Member Countries (Angola, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Antigua, Albania, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso ,Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR Republic of Congo Cote d’lvoire, Cambodia ,Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica and Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jordan, Jamaica, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo Lao, Lesotho, Lebanon, PDR Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco,
Mozambique, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Nepal, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Principe, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan ,Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this OFID scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The Not Known winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2015/2016.
‣ OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
‣ The 2015-16 OFID Scholarship Award Portal is now open to receive applications for 2015/2016. The applicant must be from a developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world.
‣ Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
‣ Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
‣ Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
‣ Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
‣ Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
‣ Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Selection Criteria for 2015-16 OFID Scholarship Award
‣ Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible.
‣ Only the winners will be notified by June 15, 2015.
‣ Applicants must complete the online application. Within the on-line application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 8, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.