2015-16 Eira Francis Davies Scholarship for Developing Countries’ Female Students at Swansea University in UK, and applications are submitted till 1 July 2016. College of Human and Health Sciences, Swansea University is inviting applications for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship available for female students from eligible Developing Countries. Applicants must be women and pursuing undergraduate or a taught master’s postgraduate courses for the first time in September 2015. Scholarships are available for full time study which covers tuition fees. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and/or financial need. After the completion of degree studies at Swansea University applicants have to return to their country. Awards are non transferable. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Swansea University | UK
Awards are available for all undergraduate degree courses and Taught
Master’s degrees within the College of Human and Health
Science available to international student applicants.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
By: Swansea University, UK
Groups): 2015-16 Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is targeted
for Students of following developing countries (Afghanistan,
Gambia, The Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bisau,
Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone,
Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz
Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar,
Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda,
Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep, Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia and Samoa) can apply for this Eira Francis Davies scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Eira Francis Davies Scholarship will be used to offset tuition fees for the duration of the degree or course subject to satisfactory academic progression.
‣ The 2015-16 Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, which shall be awarded from time to time by the Senate on the basis of academic merit and/or financial need and which shall contribute to tuition fees, shall be tenable for such period as determined by the Senate and shall be subject to satisfactory academic progress and to such other terms and conditions as the University shall stipulate. It is a condition of the award of the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship that the student agrees to return to her country for work or study upon completion of degree studies at Swansea University.
‣ Candidates must be new, full-time, degree seeking, non-EU applicants
‣ Candidates must have completed an application to study and accepted the offer of a place at Swansea University within the College of Human and Health Sciences
‣ Candidates must show strong academic ability and financial need
‣ Candidates should not be eligible for other financial support from Swansea University e.g. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links or bursaries Please note that students progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship
‣ For undergraduate courses, applicants are expected to achieve 3 A and/or B grades at A
‣ Level or equivalent (excluding General Studies) and 5 A and/or B grades at GCSE level or equivalent.
‣ For Postgraduate Taught courses, applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1Bachelors degree (or equivalent). In the case of all applicants, their English language ability must meet any stipulated condition of offer and UKBA requirements.
Selection Criteria for 2015-16 Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
‣Academic merit and/or financial need are selection criteria for this scholarship.
‣ Successful applicants will be informed by 1st August 2014 and a reduced tuition fee will be levied at enrollment.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application forms to be returned to the Development and Alumni Relations Office at DARO-at-swansea.ac.uk Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University and have received and accepted an offer for a place.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for the receipt of completed scholarship applications is 1st July 2016.
‣ Please read the full the Eira Davies Terms and Conditions before applying
‣ Download and complete the Eira Davies Application Form
‣ Note: Having accepted an award, a scholarship holder may not withdraw from the course save in exceptional circumstances and subject to the approval of the relevant Head of College. Failure to observe this regulation may render the student liable to repay to the University any award which has been made either in whole or in part as determined by the International Scholarship Committee.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.