2014 Wascal Grp On Climate Change And Agriculture , and applications are submitted till March 31, 2014. Applications are invited for WASCAL graduate research program on Climate Change (CC) and Agriculture (CC&Agric). Candidates must be from the WASCAL countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo) and must not be more than 40 years. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The program provides a full scholarship for a maximum period of three (3) years excluding language course. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Mali and abroad (The topic and location of PhD research are decided by the GRP Board.), the field work can be done in or outside Mali.
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in Climate Change (CC) and Agriculture program (CC&Agric). Each student will carry out some PhD research. The topic and location of PhD research are decided by the GRP Board. Students’ dissertation research topic should be decided after their admission. The topic should be in conformity with the mandates of the GRP CC & Agric and be useful for the country and the sub region.
Deadline: March 31, 2014.
Funded By: The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL). The Graduate Research Program Climate Change and Agriculture is lead by IPR/IFRA of Katibougou, in partnership with the University of Bamako, Mali.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Wascal Grp On Climate Change And
Agriculture is open for Students of Bénin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sénégal and Togo.
‣ Award No: The program will admit a maximum of 10 students per batch. There shall be equitable distribution of students across the WASCAL countries (one student per country).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are for a maximum period of three (3) years excluding language course.
‣ Scholarship covers:Each student will receive a stipend of € 500.00 per month (€350.00 during the pre-course language preparations) to cover accommodation and other expenses for his study period. Research funds will also be made available to students after approval of their research proposal by their advisor/supervisor, the GRP Coordination and WASCA headquarters. The student may travel to Germany once during the course of the PhD fellowship period to work with scientists at German universities or research centers. Airfare will be paid for by the project and a monthly stipend of about €1000.00 will also be provided for each month spent in Germany.
‣ Climate change (CC) constitutes the most striking environmental risk on which the attention of the whole world is focused because of its global dimension and its negative effects on socioecological systems.
‣ It has been established that without adequate response, the effects of CC will increase in the coming years, with the greatest negative impacts on the most vulnerable populations and ecosystems in the world particularly those in the sub-Saharan part of Africa.
‣ The training of highly qualified human resources constitutes one of the major adaptation strategies to CC.
‣ Actually, highly qualified human resources, having relevant infrastructures and equipments will be able to strengthen scientific knowledge on agriculture and climate interactions.
‣ must be from the WASCAL countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, The Gambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo);
‣ must not be more than 40 years;
‣ must have a Master’s Degree, or its equivalent in Soil Science, Crop Science, Agro-forestry, Forestry, Animal Science, IPM or other relevant disciplines, with at least an average of 60 % (Second Upper Class, Assez Bien);
‣ Experience with modeling routines or GIS would be an advantage but not a prerequisite; -Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
‣ The 2014 Wascal Grp On Climate Change And Agriculture Candidates and research support will normally be provided based on the criteria below:
‣ After admission, students will be required to maintain a graduate level Grade Point Average (GPA) of B or a minimum of B from the course;
‣ During the course curriculum phase, students will be required to develop a detailed research project, including budget;
‣ During the project/research stage, students are expected to present their progress reports regularly and be evaluated accordingly.
‣ IPR/IFRA in collaboration with the GRP CC&Agric Advisory Board will short list and select one 2014 Wascal Grp On Climate Change And Agriculture candidate from each country.
‣ There may be the need for a selection interview in Bamako or via telephone, Skype or Messenger when feasible to gain a better assessment of students. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.
‣ The selection interview is mandatory to support the final selection of candidates. The list of successful candidates will be decided by April 30th, 2014.
‣ Selected students will be asked to submit a hard copy of the application package and to present original diplomas at the time of registration (by June 30th, 2014).
‣ Candidates may apply directly to the GRP CC&Agric by submitting all information requested via e-mail to Prof. Amoro Coulibaly, e-mail coulibalya2002-at-yahoo.fr oramoro.coulibaly-at-ipr-ifra.org and copy to Dr. Benjamin Kofi Nyarko, e-mail bnyarko-at-yahoo.co.uk.
‣ 2014 Wascal Grp On Climate Change And Agriculture candidates must submit the following documents:
‣ Scholarship applications are due on March 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like