2014 Visiting Research Fellowships for Canadian and International Scholars at University of Victoria , and applications are submitted till June 30 (for winter/spring arrival); January 31 (for summer/fall arrival). Center for Studies in Religion and Society at University of Victoria awards four to six visiting research fellowships for Canadian and international scholars annually. Fellowships are awarded for up to 12 months. Ordinarily, fellows stay between 3 months to 12 months, but the centre will consider request for research terms of any length. This is a non-stipendiary appointment with no cash value. Fellowships are awarded for working on research projects in the area of religion and society. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level:Fellowships (are available to scholars for appointments of up to 12 months’ duration at University of Victoria.)
Field(s): The centre welcomes applications from all disciplinary backgrounds for projects that meet its mandate of promoting the scholarly study of religion in relation to any and all aspects of society and culture, both contemporary and historical. Topics may include, but are not limited to, examinations of religious themes within the areas of ethics, health, law, environment, technology, government and public policy, human conflict, art, literature, the media and currents and debates in philosophy and the natural sciences.
Deadline: June 30 (for winter/spring arrival); January 31 (for summer/fall arrival).
Funded By: Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Visiting Research Fellowships is targeted for Canadian and international scholars.
‣ Award No: Four to six visiting research fellowships are offered annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These visiting research fellowships are awarded for up to 12 months. Ordinarily, fellows stay between 3 months to 12 months, but the centre will consider request for research terms of any length.
‣ Scholarship covers: Private office space centrally located on the scenic University of Victoria campus; a congenial, retreat-like setting; university privileges; enhanced opportunities for research networking and exchange; participation in the centre’s wide range of scholarly and social activities. This is a non-stipendiary appointment with no cash value.
‣ The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society invites applications from scholars in Canada or abroad for Visiting Research Fellowships appointments of up to 12 months’ duration during the 2014/15 academic year.
‣ The purpose of the fellowship is to provide research space and an environment conducive to writing and reflection to scholars working on research projects in the area of religion and society.
‣ Canadian and international scholars; emeritus scholars; new scholars; scholars on sabbatical leave from their regular academic appointments.
‣ Selection is made the by CSRS Program Committee based on the academic merit of the proposal, the views of the referees and the recent scholarly activity of the candidate.
‣ Applicants can apply via e-mail to csrs-at-uvic.ca or by post or courier to the CSRS address.
‣ Applications should include 1 copy each of the following: (a) a descriptive title; (b) a detailed statement of the research proposal in a form that makes the applicant’s intentions fully understandable to experts in his or her own discipline (maximum 5 pages); (c) an up-to-date curriculum vitae; and d) the names and full addresses of two scholars who might evaluate the proposed project. The centre may also choose to solicit the opinions of other referees.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 30 (for winter/spring arrival); January 31 (for summer/fall arrival).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...