2014 Victoria Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in New Zealand, and applications are submitted till 1 July 2014. Victoria University of Wellington is offering doctoral scholarships for New Zealand and international students in any discipline. Total 35 scholarships are available and awarded on academic merit basis. Applicants must be graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (PhD) at Victoria University or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University. The scholarship includes $23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees up to three years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Victoria University of Wellington | New Zealand
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the Victoria University.
Deadline: 1 July 2014.
Funded By: Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 Victoria Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for New Zealand and international students
‣ Award No: 35 Victoria Doctoral scholarships are offered in each round.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. For a student who has already been enrolled in a Doctorate at Victoria for more than three months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum length of tenure of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Research Scholarships Committee.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarships include a $23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees.
‣ These 2014 Victoria Doctoral Scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
‣ As part of the requirements of this Scholarship, the recipient is expected to contribute 150 hours per annum to the academic life of the School in which they undertake study.
‣ The purpose of this contribution is to provide them with an insight into the work undertaken by, and the expectations placed on, the academic community in the University.
‣ It also provides an opportunity to develop enduring relationships with the School. This contribution may be as a tutor, research assistant, laboratory demonstrator or supervisor, or teaching assistant.
‣ These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
‣ These Victoria Doctoral scholarships are awarded on academic merit basis.
‣ Offers of Victoria PhD Scholarships will be made approximately six weeks after the closing date.
‣ Application forms for new doctoral(PhD) students are available from the Faculty of Graduate Research Website link.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 July, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like