2014 UOW Undergraduate Excellence / Academic Merit Scholarships in Australia, and applications are submitted till 29 August 2014. University of Wollongong is awarding undergraduate scholarships for Australian and international students to study at Australian campuses. Two types of scholarships are available: undergraduate excellence scholarships and international academic merit scholarships. This scholarship provides a further 25% reduction of the published tuition fees for the duration of the course, up to a maximum of 4 years bringing the total scholarship value to 50% off the tuition fee when offered in combination with the UES. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: Undergraduate Programme
Field(s): UES scholarships are awarded for studying any undergraduate published courses available at UOW (Australian campuses only) except for the following: Medicine & Surgery; Nursing; Science (Nutrition or Exercise Science); Nutrition & Dietetics; Exercise Science & Rehabilitation; and Psychology (all degrees) and Business Information Systems, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics & Finance, Accounting & Financial Services (offered at the Sydney Business School, Sydney), Banking & Financial Services (offered at the Sydney Business School, Sydney), Engineering (Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Materials, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Mining, Telecommunications), Information Technology, Mathematics, Mathematics & Finance, Medical Mathematics, Medical & Radiation Physics and Science (Materials, Nuclear Science & Technology, Physics).
Deadline: 29 August 2014.
Funded By: University of Wollongong
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 UOW Undergraduate Excellence is targeted for Australian and International students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are available for the duration of 4 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: This scholarship provides a further 25% reduction of the published tuition fees bringing the total scholarship value to 50% off the tuition fee when offered in combination with the UES. UOW International Academic Merit Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to pursue work placements and internships. Engineering students have guaranteed vacation work at the end of their third year to ensure they meet Engineering Australia accreditation requirements. Scholarship recipients may be offered the option to enroll in an advanced program; these include the Dean’s Scholar, Advanced Degrees and the Engineering (Scholar) programs, which offer the following additional benefits: -$500 textbook allowance per year -Pairing with an academic mentor -Special workshops and seminars -Extended library privileges and designated for study space
‣ UOW is inviting applications for both 2014 UOW Undergraduate Excellence (UES) and international academic merit scholarship available for international students.
‣ Australian Year 12 or equivalent international secondary school qualification;
‣ Foundation Studies programs approved for direct admission to Bachelor degrees and offered at an institution recognised by UOW;
‣ Diploma or other academic pathway program approved for admission with exemption from an institution with which UOW has a formal agreement;
‣ Up to one year of study in a Bachelor degree at a recognised University, where there is no credit exemption awarded to study at UOW.
‣ Applicants will be selected on the basis of merit.
‣ There is no separate application procedure, you will be considered automatically upon receipt of your online application for admission and advised with your offer letter if you have been awarded a scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st August to 29th August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.