2014 UNESCO-POLAND Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme in Engineering, and applications are submitted till 21st July 2014. Applications are invited for UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships. Up to forty (40) fellowships will be awarded for a period of six (6) months duration starting on 1st October 2014. To be eligible for these fellowships, applicants must hold Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees and must not be more than 45 years of age. Beneficiaries of these fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Poland
Level: Fellowships (are available to undertake an individual research programme )
Field(s): Science, Technology and Engineering (Software Engineering, Transport Engineering, Automation in Transport Engineering, Transport Engineering, Decision Engineering, Transport Engineering, Materials Science and Ceramics, Drilling Engineering, Geoengineering, Drilling Engineering, Geology and Mining, Gas Engineering, Solid State Physics, Environmental Management and Biotechnology, Economic Sociology, Petrophysics, Economic Geology, Mining Geophysics, Geology, Mining Geophysics, Geotourism, Mining and Geoengineering and Iron Metallurgy).
Deadline: 21st July 2014.
Funded By: Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 UNESCO-POLAND Co-Sponsored Fellowships is targeted for Students of Africa (46 Member States: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra, Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.) ARAB STATES (Sudan), ASIA and the PACIFIC (36 Member States and 2 Associated Members): Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau ,Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste ,Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam. Associated Members: Macao China (Associate Member),Tokelau (Associate Member),
EUROPE (7 Member States): Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine, LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (31 Member States): Argentina, Barbados ,Belize, Bolivia (Plurinational State of) Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for these research fellowships.
‣ Award No: Up to forty (40) research fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2014 UNESCO-POLAND Co-Sponsored Fellowships will be available for six months duration starting on 1st October 2014.
‣ Scholarship covers: Facilities offered by Polish Authorities: - Free tuition; -Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (approximately US $450) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and; -An installation allowance of 1350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland. No provision to finance or lodge family members is made. At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution. Facilities offered by UNESCO: -International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget. -Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
‣ With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow are placing at the disposal of UNESCO forty(40) fellowships of six (6) months duration starting on 1st October 2014 for the benefit of Member States listed in Annex I.
‣ Beneficiaries of these f2014 UNESCO-POLAND Co-Sponsored Fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
‣ Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. Degrees;
‣ Be proficient in reading and writing English;
‣ Be not more than 45 years of age; and,
‣ Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
‣ For 2014 UNESCO-POLAND Co-Sponsored Fellowships, only the selected candidates will receive a letter through their respective National Commissions for UNESCO. All application should be endorsed by the National Commission from the country of the candidate.
‣ One candidature should be submitted per invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Ali Zaid, Chief, Fellowships Programme Section.
‣ An advance copy of the application may be sent by fax or by e-mail a.zaid-at-unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in duplicate: - UNESCO fellowships application forms, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English; -Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm); - Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree obtained; and, - UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 21st July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.