2014 UN Youth Volunteer Internship Programme in Germany , and applications are submitted till 31 December 2014. Applications are invited for UN Youth Volunteer internship Programme for international students in Germany. The internships are offered in the field of economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Applicants should have completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. The internship duration is 3 to 6 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Field(s): Internships are offered for development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment
Deadline: 31 December 2014.
Funded By: UN Volunteers
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 UN Youth Volunteer Internship is targeted for International students (Most of the applicants come from developing countries).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of internship is 3 – 6 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? The Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
‣ The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide.
‣ Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
‣ Volunteerism benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation.
‣ UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for recognition of volunteers, working with partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing an increasing number and diversity of volunteers, including experienced UN volunteers, throughout the world.
‣ UNV embraces volunteerism as universal and inclusive, and recognizes volunteerism in its diversity as well as the values that sustain it: free will, commitment, engagement and solidarity.
‣ Education: Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible;
‣ Field of study: Development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
‣ Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably in an additional official UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese);
‣ Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organizations.
Notification for 2014 UN Youth Volunteer Internship
‣ Only shortlisted and/or selected candidates will be contacted.
‣ Applications should be by e-mail.
‣ Applications (in English) should include the following:
‣ Internship Applications are due on 31st December 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...