2014 TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme in Biotechnology, India, and applications are submitted till 31st August 2014. Applications are invited for TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme available for foreign scholars from developing country other than India to pursue research towards a PhD. Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years. DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Field(s): biotechnology (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences and Chemical Sciences).
Deadline: 31st August 2014.
Funded By: The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India and TWAS.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of of a developing country (other than India): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea?Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali,
Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru,Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor?Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2014 TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship is tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
‣ Scholarship covers: DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
‣ The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology in India, and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD and postdoctoral research in biotechnology.
‣ Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
‣ Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
‣ Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
‣ For Sandwich Fellowships: be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the Home university (sample is included in the application form).
‣ For full-time Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in India.
‣ Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
‣ Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from an Indian biotechnology institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
‣ Applicants will have until the deadline to submit the Acceptance Letter to TWAS. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: DBT/PDoc/ candidate’s surname.
‣ Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Applications for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Programme should be sent to TWAS and CICS (by email).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.