2014 TWAS-CSIR Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries’ Scholars, India , and applications are submitted till 31st August of each year. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research is offering fellowship programme for developing countries’ scholars. CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation. TWAS-CSIR postdoctoral fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a maximum period of four years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: Postgraduate & Postdoctoral
Field(s): 2014 TWAS-CSIR Fellowship is awarded in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
Deadline: 31st August of each year.
Funded By: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 TWAS-CSIR Fellowship Programme is targeted for Citizens of of a developing country (other than India): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia,
Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for the fellowship programme.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. 2014 TWAS-CSIR Fellowship is tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a maximum period of four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
‣ The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and TWAS have established a number of 2014 TWAS-CSIR Fellowship for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research toward a PhD and postdoctoral research in emerging areas of science and technology for which facilities are available in the laboratories and institutes of the CSIR.
‣ Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year. e a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year for PhD.
‣ Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
‣ Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
‣ Hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
‣ Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
‣ Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the Application Form). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with copy to the CSIR contact person.
‣ This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary; -Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
‣ Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CAPES-listed institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
‣ Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
‣ Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CSIR.
‣ The subject line must contain: CSIR/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
‣ Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
‣ Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should be sent to both TWAS and CSIR (by email).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August of each year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.